Windows 10: Does This Registry Need Attention?

Discus and support Does This Registry Need Attention? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Out of curiosity I ran CCleaner on the registry in G's HP Laptop. Little machine has never had an issue of any kind and runs well. Gets very limited... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wiley Coyote, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Does This Registry Need Attention?

Out of curiosity I ran CCleaner on the registry in G's HP Laptop. Little machine has never had an issue of any kind and runs well. Gets very limited use, mostly checking her bank account now and then.

There are 908 lines of this :

Installer Reference Issue +

C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\x64 +

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders

Sorry I had to break it into 3 lines.

Opinions? Thanks.

:)

Wiley Coyote, Apr 18, 2017

2. Why does the registry need to be edited to add a Homegroup Icon to the desktop?

Hi,

We are glad to know that you were able to create the desktop icon.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, do let us know. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 18, 2017
  3. Why does the registry need to be edited to add a Homegroup Icon to the desktop?

Wungraileng,

Iwas able to create the desktop icon with the method I posted (and just for fun I tested Pawan's method which appeared to work fine also).

SEwing1243, Apr 18, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Does This Registry Need Attention?

Has anything been recently installed/failed attempted installs?
    Looks odd to me.
    Have you run ADWCleaner on it?

simrick, Apr 18, 2017
  5. Only install since new is CCleaner. These entries appear to have been there since the get-go. They appear to be initial/original installation left-over debris. Thought about looking into those folders, but they're not visible without logging on as administrator and I'm a little shy about that.

Here's another line:

Installer Reference Issue +
    c:\ProgramData\HP\HP Registration Service\Staging\ASM\ja-JP\check +
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders

6. Have not run ADWCleaner on it. Windows full scan (over 470,000 items scanned) found no threats. Malwarebytes (over 321,000 items scanned) found no threats. And yes rootkits were included.

I'm still convinced it's left -over debris from the initial install. Names like en-US and other language-nationality are in a lot of them.

7. simrick Win User

Just for grins and giggles, run ADWCleaner. It's a relatively fast scan.

simrick, Apr 18, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User
    You could get a second opinion with wise registry cleaner. Just scan, don't fix anything.

To me that line looks inomplete.

Personally for such a long standing install, I would leave it alone. You could do more harm than good. If in the future the machine starts misbehaving, then a clean install would be the way to go.

swarfega, Apr 18, 2017
  9. ADWCleaner found nothing either. If I could figure out how, I'd attach that whole section of the file. I can find the parent folders of many mentioned, but none of those files are in them. Still convinced it's left-over from the original install without clean-up behind them.

BTW with Malwarebytes and ADWCleaner, the little machine is using over 40% of the memory.

10. simrick Win User
    Great.
    ADWCleaner is only active when you run it. If you've got MBAM premium or trial, that will use resources.

simrick, Apr 18, 2017
  11. Malwarebytes is the biggest user of memory at 250 mb and up.

12. swarfega Win User

Considering you have 12Gb of ram, that shouldn't be an issue.

swarfega, Apr 18, 2017
  13. No, not here. But this is all on Gayle's laptop with 6 Gb. With Malwarebytes running her memory usage hits 40% and more.

14. Helmut Win User
    It's just trivia of no consequence, just some references to paths to some temporary mostly non existant files.
    I have many hundreds in that Registry location, just looked. The vast number I guess around 98% is largely due to various languages for each application, or bit of Windows, each having a slightly different path.

Just forget about it, it's probably redundant, no idea really. The risks of deletion are probably greater than just leaving it.

Helmut, Apr 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Does This Registry Need Attention? - Similar Threads - Does Registry Need

2. calendar app needs attention

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    calendar app needs attention: I try to open it today it is not launching. I got an update yesterday and that is the only changes made. I need to access my calendar and I need help on how to do it....
  3. urgent: printer need attention

in Windows 10 Gaming
    urgent: printer need attention: I'm having an issue with my printer. Whenever, I run a test print on a page it will show "attention required" when I click it, it will shows the printer queue. Troubleshooter can't fix it....
  4. what needs your attention

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what needs your attention: can someone help me i was trying to update my windows because it somehow failed updating last night and it said that i have to uninstall virtualbox ldplayer but i checked and i couldn find it someone had told me that i have to delete the LDplayer folder inside xuanzhi and...
  5. OneDrive needs your attention...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive needs your attention...: hello. i am getting an error, but the only error seems to be the error in of itself. it says there are sync issues, and that i don't have access permissions. it says this for some desktop shortcuts. however... if i delete from "View Online", then it deletes from Desktop....
  6. Windows Update - Attention Needed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update - Attention Needed: If I open settings, it says "Attention Needed" under windows update, but if I click on it, it says that it is up to date. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it? The version number is 1909. 156273
  7. Windows Update - Attention Needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Attention Needed: If I open settings, it says "Attention Needed" under windows update, but if I click on it, it says that it is up to date. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it? The version number is 1909. 156273
  8. account need attention

in Windows 10 Customization
    account need attention: I have been seeing attention needed to fix my personal gmail account. I changed the password and it still will not sent or receive messages. I've tried everything I need help asap...
  9. gmail account needs attention

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gmail account needs attention: Why does my gmail account have needs attention. I choose fix but it continues to happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-needs-attention/d8f3188a-9684-4214-9eab-78f54cdbdf38
  10. Why does notification box say wifi needs attention?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does notification box say wifi needs attention?: Every so often I get a notification in the notification box that my wifi needs attention. Clicking on the notification brings me to Settings>WiFi, but as there is no indication what's wrong or what to do, I'm at a loss what to do next. As far as I can tell my wifi is...