Windows 10: does this setting is managed by administrator shows up if i am using antivirus

Discus and support does this setting is managed by administrator shows up if i am using antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so my laptop came with pre installed trial version of norton antivirus and yesterday i found that my laptop's check files and apps section under app... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mundusharma, Apr 24, 2020.

1. does this setting is managed by administrator shows up if i am using antivirus

so my laptop came with pre installed trial version of norton antivirus and yesterday i found that my laptop's check files and apps section under app and and browser control was grayed our saying this setting is managed by administrator .is this related with antivirus?please help me

:)

mundusharma, Apr 24, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Settings and notifications apps crashing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

• If EITHER command does not show a good outcome, we need to stop and repair Windows. We have 3 options:

• Go Back: If there are other significant issues, or if the customer is not sure of using Windows 10, Go Back. The plan from there will be to clean up the configuration to prepare for an upgrade.

• Reset: If possible, remove Antivirus/Sec Software and perform a Reset (keeping data and settings). Customers will need to reinstall apps with this option.

• In-Place Upgrade: If the customer is unwilling, we can try uninstalling the Antivirus/Sec Software and try an in-place upgrade. We should set expectation.

• If the above commands both completed and show no remaining issues, run these commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Check to be sure this command ran, showed a blue progress indicator and then returns to the prompt.

• If you see a red error, then the command may have been typed or pasted incorrectly, or there may be a larger problem with Windows 10. Try again.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved.

• If not, restart the PC. In this case try as a new administrator user account.

• If the new user also fails, go up to the steps for “3. If EITHER command does not show…” above. We need to repair Windows.
    Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

does this setting is managed by administrator shows up if i am using antivirus

"This setting is managed by your administration" Windows Defender

Try creating an SRP (Software Restriction Policy) in Windows 10 Home. It has no effect.

does this setting is managed by administrator shows up if i am using antivirus [​IMG]

Settings are totally ignored. The file still launches.

does this setting is managed by administrator shows up if i am using antivirus [​IMG]

That's just one example.

Callender, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

does this setting is managed by administrator shows up if i am using antivirus

1. does this setting is managed by administrator shows up if i am using antivirus - Similar Threads - does setting managed

2. I am the administrator yet it shows that PC is managed by organisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am the administrator yet it shows that PC is managed by organisation: I am the administrator/owner of my computer but I get frequent alerts like this...so when i click on settings to change it... this alert pops upeven in Google Chrome I can see the same...
  3. I am the administrator yet it shows that PC is managed by organisation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am the administrator yet it shows that PC is managed by organisation: I am the administrator/owner of my computer but I get frequent alerts like this...so when i click on settings to change it... this alert pops upeven in Google Chrome I can see the same...
  4. "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?: So, with microsoft defender for 3 months its been not working too well in terms of settings, it doesnt allow me to change a few settings and tamper protection says "This setting is managed by your administrator" Even tho i am the administrator?SpecsGeforce Nvidia RTX 3050...
  5. "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" I am the administrator tho?: So, with microsoft defender for 3 months its been not working too well in terms of settings, it doesnt allow me to change a few settings and tamper protection says "This setting is managed by your administrator" Even tho i am the administrator?SpecsGeforce Nvidia RTX 3050...
  6. Settings managed by administrator I am administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings managed by administrator I am administrator: I have a problem where most of my settings can not be changed due to an old connection to AAD which I believe I have already removed. I do not want to reinstall my system, how can I fix the issue?...
  7. "This setting is managed by your administrator" when I am.

"This setting is managed by your administrator" when I am.: So I've tried ever solution online about how to stop it from destroying my computer . NONE of it worked. I want to simply turn off windows defender, but I can't. Apparently I'm not admin when the only account on this PC is me and under my name it says I'm admin. Please help....
  8. Some settings are managed by your system administrator even though I am administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some settings are managed by your system administrator even though I am administrator: Hello, I am using Windows 10 2021.01.22 build and I have recently noticed but I don't know when this issue appeared that all my power options are grayed out. Everything from changing current power plan to advanced power settings. And a message shows up in the top of power...
  9. Settings managed by administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings managed by administrator: Hello! I got a new work laptop last week with Windows 10 I work for a university. It has been frustrating how limited it is because so many of the settings are managed by my administrator and so many features are disabled. I do not want to contact my IT because there stock...
  10. Tamper Protection "This setting is managed by your administrator" but I am and admin and...

Tamper Protection "This setting is managed by your administrator" but I am and admin and...: I am using Windows 10 and Just as the title says I have tried fixes online an none of them have worked. I even tried restoring my pc to try and fix it but still a problem. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but i cant turn on real time or do any type of scans...