Windows 10: Does this USB Drive have the right stuff for Re-Boot ?

Discus and support Does this USB Drive have the right stuff for Re-Boot ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 32GB Drive that has 3.4GB with the following content; Boot 17.3MB (Folders; en-us, fonts, resources) EFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gary_S_1943, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Does this USB Drive have the right stuff for Re-Boot ?

Hi,

I have a 32GB Drive that has 3.4GB with the following content;

Boot 17.3MB (Folders; en-us, fonts, resources)

EFI 20MB (Folders: boot & Microsoft)

Sources 3.34GB

Support 395KB Logging

AutoRun + Boot Manager + Boot manager.efi

I believe this Drive was created a while ago on my PC, as a way to re-boot Windows 10 in the event of a crash.

Does it appear that we have the right stuff on the USB Drive ?

Gary

:)

Gary_S_1943, Mar 8, 2019
  2. panchoman Win User

Boot linux on USB drive

it might just be that your bios doesn't support it, but it should anyway.

make sure you go into the bios and make sure "boot other device" is enabled and try seeing if the usb is listed as an hdd.. as bootable flash drives are usually picked up as usb hdd's and check if your bios detects the flash drive.

panchoman, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Does this USB Drive have the right stuff for Re-Boot ? nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Does this USB Drive have the right stuff for Re-Boot ?

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Does this USB Drive have the right stuff for Re-Boot ?

1. Does this USB Drive have the right stuff for Re-Boot ? - Similar Threads - Does USB Drive

2. UEFI does not recognize USB Boot drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI does not recognize USB Boot drive: Hi. I am trying to re-install Windows 10 (Version not sure) from USB flash drive on Lenovo Ideapad 100s. The boot drive was configured with MS Media Creation Tool. I can enter UEFI/BIOS with the Novu button in the Boot Option Menu but the flash drive is not recognized under...
  3. Any genuine sandbox stuff that preserves image after a re-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any genuine sandbox stuff that preserves image after a re-boot: Hi there For teaching students etc often using a VM is a good idea because each student can have "their own machine" - to do that efficiently the VM's need to be made non persistent otherwise you end up with zillions of different images !!!. The problem with that is the...
  4. can't boot from usb drive to have clean installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't boot from usb drive to have clean installation: i change BIOS to boot from usb and no problem with that, but windows installation can't progress, just black screen. What's my problem ? Do i need BIOS update ? If yes, i'm dead, can't find any new firmware for my bios. I'm stuck at version 1709. When i Restart after...
  5. Pin stuff to right side of taksbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin stuff to right side of taksbar?: Is it possible to have some icons pinned to the right side of the taskbar? Is there freeware for this or a way in windows? Thanks for your answers :) submitted by /u/Additional_Plant_539 [link] [comments]...
  6. Re-Formatted USB Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-Formatted USB Drive: I recently booted Windows 10 onto some old laptops, my original attempt using this USB Drive, but the laptops were so old I ended up having to use a disc. When I reformatted the USB Drive 64gb to a format where I could use it as a normal drive, the storage on it was cut in...
  7. USB connected stuff

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB connected stuff: Windows 10. I have several things connected to my PC via USB. eg my printer. However, my Seagate external drive which I use for back-up simply will not appear on the list of devices with the letter indicating which device it is and therefore I cannot access it. Ant bright...
  8. re: a problem making a bootable USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    re: a problem making a bootable USB drive: 1 I don't know if I should make a new thread or continue it on my old thread at I have 2 question's about win 10 home - Windows 10 Forums ? I am trying to make a self booting USB drive of the prog "PCUlocker" on my Dell Inspiron15-3541 laptop OS Win 7 home 32bit. The purpose...
  9. Boot failing on occasion, boots from drive that does not have OS

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot failing on occasion, boots from drive that does not have OS: I have 3 drives. A 60GB Intel SSD which my OS is installed on, a Samsung 120GB SSD which has just games, and a 1TB HDD for all my other media and documents. A while back my power cut out and when trying to reboot it would fail until I tried booting from my 120GB SSD, which...
  10. Re-Install From USB Drive Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-Install From USB Drive Error: I am using the same bootable windows 10 installation thumb drive to do a clean install of windows 10. I've done it multiple times in recent days. However, suddenly when doing it again I get this error: "your pc/device needs to be repaired. the boot configuration data...