Windows 10: does updating windows 10 delete ur files?

Discus and support does updating windows 10 delete ur files? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; basically i want to mmm update my windows 10 (stuck on 1803) to 1809 (october 2018), using update assistant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joao pedro bezerra da, Mar 18, 2019.

1. does updating windows 10 delete ur files?

basically i want to mmm update my windows 10 (stuck on 1803) to 1809 (october 2018), using update assistant

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

does it delete or im safe to update

:)

joao pedro bezerra da, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Tintai Win User
    I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

does updating windows 10 delete ur files?

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink does updating windows 10 delete ur files? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

does updating windows 10 delete ur files?

1. does updating windows 10 delete ur files? - Similar Threads - does updating delete

2. why does Windows Update delete user files and applicaitons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why does Windows Update delete user files and applicaitons: Windows Update at times deletes personal files or applications. I have a purchased copy of Streets and Trips, registered it with MicroSoft. I know it's no longer supported, no map updates, but even with outdated maps it's still a very useful product and I use it frequently....
  3. why does Windows Update delete user files and applicaitons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does Windows Update delete user files and applicaitons: Windows Update at times deletes personal files or applications. I have a purchased copy of Streets and Trips, registered it with MicroSoft. I know it's no longer supported, no map updates, but even with outdated maps it's still a very useful product and I use it frequently....
  4. why does Windows Update delete user files and applicaitons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows does update without permission and "deletes" files

Windows does update without permission and "deletes" files: Hello, I have been very confused and upset with what's been happening with my computer lately. About a week ago, it did an update while I was in a call on Discord. It didn't ask for permission or anything, it just updated by itself. When it was done updating, I realized my...
  6. Windows 10 Update deleted files

Windows 10 Update deleted files: Hello, I just updated my Windows 10 computer and the update has deleted files from C:\Users\TEMP\AppData\Roaming These files are not present in C:\Windows.old Is there a way to recover these files and why does Windows delete files?...
  7. Windows 10 Update Deleting Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update Deleting Files: I have been having the issue that many have been having with Windows updates. The computer automatically updates when my computer is not in use at times and every time it updates, it deletes all of my saved documents, downloads, pictures, etc. It even disables apps on the...
  8. Does Windows 10 Update 1903 delete files?

Does Windows 10 Update 1903 delete files?: Hi! Im wondering if the very latest Windows 10 update (1903, i believe,) deletes personal user files, such as images, as a default procedure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-update-1903-delete-files/b563bdaf-1ee8-4e53-a6ee-14881c0b2379
  9. ur mom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ur mom: is ur mom gay yes y why 0 7 420 360 ooga booga r y u 1738 ehhh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ur-mom/39c74cfd-5450-4978-8e0f-aaa0d3bffffe
  10. Windows 10 update is deleting files

Windows 10 update is deleting files: This is just a general info posting to compile published articles concerning the "minor" flaw with the initial general release of the1809 update. Here are a some of published articles if anybody has yet to see them:...