Windows 10: Does wifi extenders with or without antena makes any difference

Discus and support Does wifi extenders with or without antena makes any difference in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There are different wireless WiFi extenders in the market. In the same range, some are without any external antenna and some are with one or two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sam9, Jul 12, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

Does wifi extenders with or without antena makes any difference

There are different wireless WiFi extenders in the market. In the same range, some are without any external antenna and some are with one or two external antenna. For example Netgear WN3000 RP200 INS has two external antenna and Dlink DAP1320 N300 is not having any external antenna. Is external or no external antenna makes any difference.

:)

2. N80 does not have a good range gsm signaling

I have Bought n80 but in some places that other phone have weak signal to gsm networks for ex:3 line of antena my n80 does not find the operators. is there any configuration or antena booster to boost my n80 in some places.

arastoo---01, Jul 12, 2016
  3. TeodorM Win User
    E52 - yes or no?

Well on the older phones in their user manual it says that the antena is in the top end of the phone and never to hold it there, there were even pictures. Well in the Nokia E52 manual there is paragrapf for tha Antennas (plural)
    and there is a picture shown where not to touch - on the botton and on the top. Now I'm not sure which antena is in which plase (WiFi, GPS) but hey read the manual first, and after that wonder where is the problem. It wil be less tricky to find the broblem.
    I think that in all modern phones that are so thin the antenas will be plaed like that, but it's just a
    thought

TeodorM, Jul 12, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

I would rather have one with an antenna's, even better I would rather have one that I could change the antennas for better ones if I wanted.

I am not a big fan of setting router to 100% output power, In my house 50% power works just fine. The reason being I only use WiFi inside not outside of my house you never know when some new vulnerability will come along and someone down the street will be able to connect.

sml156, Jul 12, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    It all depends on how far you are from the Access Point, how much power it is cranked up to, construction of the building. Lets also not forget about channel congestion, outside interference overlapping the 2.5ghz and 5ghz bands for the wifi radio signal.

bro67, Jul 13, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I have a Linksys RE6500 with external antennas. My router is in the basement, and the WiFi extender is on the 2nd floor and it does a fantastic job.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does wifi extenders with or without antena makes any difference - Similar Threads - Does wifi extenders

2. Primary Disk Partition Can't extend without making it a Simple Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary Disk Partition Can't extend without making it a Simple Volume: I have made a question before on how to change the Simple Volume back into a Primary Partition and they said I had to format which I did and it is now a Primary Partition but I want to remove that empty space and join it with the 1.6 TB partition but when I do so I get this...
  3. Wifi extender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi extender: Netgear wifi extender. Windows 10 laptop. The extender is set up and running fine, phones are talking to it. Windows laptop can see it fine, but is still trying to connect to the real wifi router. Problem is that the internet keeps cutting in and out in the office, hence...
  4. Will doubling RAM make any difference on laptop with SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will doubling RAM make any difference on laptop with SSD?: Going from a mechanical HDD to a quality SSD was like going from a Ford Fiesta to a Dodge Charger. Made a nice huge difference in performance for my old laptop. But I'm also curious to know... does it make any sense to upgrade my RAM from 8GB to 16GB? Or is by virtue of...
  5. wifi extender

wifi extender: My wifi extender connects to the wifi used by my router and works on my phone but not my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-extender/878e7736-e422-4ba8-a243-b223bd003ba3
  6. Wifi extenders - 2.4 and 5Ghz - huge speed difference

Wifi extenders - 2.4 and 5Ghz - huge speed difference: Hi folks just of note to anybody playing around with Wifi extenders and bog standard wifi cards in laptops Connecting by wifi to 2.4 GHZ band on the extender -- was only able to get laptop up to around 30 Mbps -- on the 5 GHZ it was up to 205 Mbps. Huge difference on bog...
  7. re Wifi extender.

re Wifi extender.: I installed a wifi TP extrender on my laptop and now even with it unplugged from the wall, it still shows on my network list. I want it out of my computer for good. Please help me remove all traces of it. thanks...
  8. WiFi Extender Questions

WiFi Extender Questions: Yesterday I setup a WiFi Extender so that I could use my laptop when I'm outside in my work shed. Today I noticed that a device was connected to my extender. I checked my laptop and it was off. I found out that my desktop is connected to the extender and not directly to the...
  9. Does Edition Make A Difference When Activating?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does Edition Make A Difference When Activating?: I received a desktop computer from a friend, and I see that the edition is Windows 10 Enterprise. I noticed at the bottom right corner of the desktop that it says activate windows. I didn't have a key so I purchased a key, and the edition is Windows 10 Home. I tried to...
  10. Need faster Wifi extender - any ideas

Need faster Wifi extender - any ideas: Hi there I've been temporarily sent "by She who must be obeyed" to my shed which I use as an office as she's sick of wires around the place (Lan cable) !!! -- will have to do some plastering etc to hide these later !!! I've got a decentish wifi extender -- the 5Ghz band...