Windows 10: Does Win 10 login require an Internet connection?

Discus and support Does Win 10 login require an Internet connection? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Does Win 10 require an Internet connection for me to login with my Windows Live password or has it stored the hash on my laptop? 28815 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by THX1138, Nov 4, 2015.

1. THX1138 Win User

Does Win 10 login require an Internet connection?

Does Win 10 require an Internet connection for me to login with my Windows Live password or has it stored the hash on my laptop?

:)

THX1138, Nov 4, 2015
  2. ZeekLodi Win User

Win 10 App Store stuck on install

Thanks!

That issue is not a problem now, but lately the login in to win 10 encounters a problem with finding the desktop. An alert comes in that says the file in something like:

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop

is unavailable nothing is on the desktop and the windows button doesn't work. I can find the original desktop if I go through the user accounts, but I usually restart which usually works but this is terrifying at times. I had a similar issue with the desktop
    "disappearing" on win 7 and had a fix on that which is still holding on that machine, but why is this happening? Does it have to do with the login and access to the internet? My work requires a login and that seems to be the bottleneck, but this has also
    happened on my home network a few times.

ZeekLodi, Nov 4, 2015
  3. MarinaCVC Win User
    Internet Explorer 9 runing on Windows 10

Is there any option/possibility to run Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 10 ?

Application that I am using, requires Internet Explorer to run ( On win 10 already installed IE11), but requires older version, Internet Explorer 9.

On Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge does not work, but on WIN7 with IE9 runs correctly.

Thank you

MarinaCVC, Nov 4, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

You don't need to be connected, no. Only for the initial set-up.

lx07, Nov 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Does Win 10 login require an Internet connection? - Similar Threads - Does login require

2. Does downloading windows 10 from the iso file require an internet connection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does downloading windows 10 from the iso file require an internet connection?: I have been using windows 11 for many months and ive started to like windows 10 more, i want to try the ISO File method of rolling back but i don't know whether it requires WiFi since i have a data limit....
  3. Does downloading windows 10 from the iso file require an internet connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does downloading windows 10 from the iso file require an internet connection?: I have been using windows 11 for many months and ive started to like windows 10 more, i want to try the ISO File method of rolling back but i don't know whether it requires WiFi since i have a data limit....
  4. Does downloading windows 10 from the iso file require an internet connection?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Does fingerprint login require a TPM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does fingerprint login require a TPM?: Does fingerprint login on windows 10 require a TPM or would it also work without a TPM? submitted by /u/CaudatusSR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m69jus/does_fingerprint_login_require_a_tpm/
  6. Connected to internet, can't login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Connected to internet, can't login: When I am online, I cannot log in to Windows 10. When I enter my password or pin it says "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device." I used chrome remote desktop to access the computer... So I am for sure connected to the internet....
  7. Does updating Windows 10 requires a internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does updating Windows 10 requires a internet connection: I just download the update and started updating the system thus updating the system requires connection of internet after download... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-updating-windows-10-requires-a-internet/69478ae9-a5a1-4138-ac7b-0ae91b38e6c6
  8. Internet connection required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection required: Today, Microsoft Solitaire events is saying that an internet connection is required, but I obviously have one or else I could not have typed this. What is happening?...
  9. Internet Connection Required

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection Required: I get "Internet Connection Required" every now and then and am usually able to get rid of it by trying any one of the numerous options available. This time, nothing. I can do the Daily Challenges, but not the events. I have reset and reinstalled Microsoft Solitaire. I have...
  10. Win 10 won't login without internet connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 won't login without internet connection: I was having trouble logging into Windows 10. It would not accept my password. I discovered that I was having an issue with a network cable and had lost contact with the internet. Once I replaced the faulty cable, things are working fine. However, I realized that I might...