Windows 10: Does Win 10 or Edge have a "Computer" History Capability like 7/IE?

Discus and support Does Win 10 or Edge have a "Computer" History Capability like 7/IE? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Background: One element of Windows 7 Internet Explorer that I have found very useful on occasion is the fact that, in addition to websites, the History... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rick1441, May 7, 2019.

1. Rick1441 Win User

Does Win 10 or Edge have a "Computer" History Capability like 7/IE?

Background: One element of Windows 7 Internet Explorer that I have found very useful on occasion is the fact that, in addition to websites, the History function also includes the item "Computer" for each date. So if I want to see what "documents" (e.g., Word document, mp4 video) that I opened, say, 27 days or 200 days ago, I can easily do so there. Fyi, the "document" doesn't have to reside in a document folder, e.g., if I open a text README from with in a program folder, that will show too. This information is populated by the History folder at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows. (To see this folder, Windows Explorer's Folder Options must have "Show hidden files, folders, or drives" selected; an "Hide protected operating system files" UN-selected.)

Now to the question, as I anticipate my move to 10: Does Windows 10 (which of course doesn't have IE) have a similar way to look at history of which computer-resident documents have been opened, and when? I have read about a way to access Recent Documents in Windows 10, but my understanding is that that is capped at 50 documents, when the history I am talking about has many thousands of entries. I have also read about some function that allows you to back up old versions of files to external media, but that isn't what I'm looking for either.

I'm hoping to hear that either Edge or Windows 10 has a similar kind of History file *that includes opened computer documents* -- not just websites. Or, that -- even if not in Edge -- Windows 10 has a History file similar to the one I've described. Based on Googling I'm not hopeful, but thought I should ask. If not available, is there any external program that could accomplish the same? Thanks.

:)

Rick1441, May 7, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, May 7, 2019
  3. YuruZhang Win User
    Browser History Missing in EDGE

This answer is not helpful at all.

YuruZhang, May 7, 2019
  4. Does Win 10 or Edge have a "Computer" History Capability like 7/IE?

Browser History Missing in EDGE

Hi Eileen,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to check and verify the history stored and check if you are able to view the history, to do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • To view your browsing history, select Hub on the right top corner.
    • Click on the History (clock symbol).
    • Under History expand the category such as last, today by clicking on the arrow given beside the category name.
    Check if you are able to view history.

Also refer to the below given link for more information and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Does Win 10 or Edge have a "Computer" History Capability like 7/IE?

1. Does Win 10 or Edge have a "Computer" History Capability like 7/IE? - Similar Threads - Does Edge Computer

2. Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10: Is there a way to transfer passwords from IE in windows 7 to IE in windows 10? I've tried the registry export trick with no luck and the IE passview is being blocked as a virus. The only reason I need to do this is because I'm upgrading everyone here at my company to windows...
  3. Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer IE passwords from win 7 to win 10: Is there a way to transfer passwords from IE in windows 7 to IE in windows 10? I've tried the registry export trick with no luck and the IE passview is being blocked as a virus. The only reason I need to do this is because I'm upgrading everyone here at my company to windows...
  4. Make Win 10 like Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make Win 10 like Win 7: I'll soon be in the market for a new laptop. Is there a way to make Windows 10 EXACTLY like Windows 7? I had Win 10 for about a week, and I absolutely despise it. It was easier for me to find files & programs back during the old DOS days. I know how to get around easily...
  5. IE not edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  6. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  7. WIN 10 does not like Zonealarm

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WIN 10 does not like Zonealarm: Can not find ZA anywhere on the computer after installing WIN10. Contacted ZA and they gave me a line to click on and re-download it. But as soon as it seems to get there it clears my screen and nothing happens. Thanks. Manfred 17186
  8. Edge or IE? What more does Edge offer?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or IE? What more does Edge offer?: I've found a few sites don't work well with Edge, and had to use IE to open them. Norton also warns that it is not set up to handle Egde yet compared to IE. So what's the purpose of Edge over IE? I'm struggling to see what it does better, even the favourites are not laid...
  9. No History in IE

in Browsers and Email
    No History in IE: IE 9, Windows 10, history not saving. "Delete browsing history on exit" unchecked.*Sleepy Don Cole 72568
  10. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303