Windows 10: Does Win10 clean up installation files at 30 day limit

Discus and support Does Win10 clean up installation files at 30 day limit in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I intend to keep Win10 after upgrading from Win7. At the automatic removal of Windows.old after 30 days, are the Win10 installation files removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oldie, Sep 27, 2015.

1. oldie Win User

Does Win10 clean up installation files at 30 day limit

I intend to keep Win10 after upgrading from Win7.
    At the automatic removal of Windows.old after 30 days, are the Win10 installation files removed too?
    Should I defrag my main drive and use clean-up software to tidy up? I need to keep my old data files and software.

:)

oldie, Sep 27, 2015

2. Win X upgrade

The computer came with Win8 Pro I upgraded it to 8.1 after the purchase a couple of years ago.

I upgraded to Win10 in August of 2015.

I reset Win10 to a clean install. I did not try to roll back because it was past the 30 day limit. I like Win10 and want to keep it just want it to be the Pro version that it should be.

Yes, I did know that it doesn't have Media Center.

JamesPitre, Sep 27, 2015
  3. Downgrade from windows 10 to windows 8

If you are in the 30 day period:

Go to settings>Update and secuirity>Rollback to Windows 7/8/8.1 as applicable.

If you are above that 30 day limit,

You would have to do a clean Install of your older OS-8 in your case.Kindly note there is no media available for Windows 8, the available one is 8.1.

steps for a clean Installation:

Clean Install - Windows 8

hope it helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 27, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

If you need to keep them, copy them somewhere else, preferably and external hard drive or large USB flash drive.

Ztruker, Sep 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Does Win10 clean up installation files at 30 day limit - Similar Threads - Does Win10 clean

2. What's with this 30 days!!!!!???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's with this 30 days!!!!!???: I can't update my phone number it keeps telling me to wait for 30 days! What's wrong with you Microsoft? Just update my phone no.!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-with-this-30-days/86790161-8f2e-4a4c-9968-270b72ba06b0
  3. 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 days: Hi can u please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/30-days/86fbd689-8b50-44d1-a85f-f022bca8f1cb
  4. 30 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    30 days: Hi can u please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/30-days/86fbd689-8b50-44d1-a85f-f022bca8f1cb
  5. 30 days

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. 30 day period

30 day period: Hii, my partner had to reset his computer and now cant log in because of the 30 day pending period for changing his phone number. he really needs access to his computer is there any way to work around this as he doesnt have his old number anymore!...
  7. 30-day lockout

30-day lockout: An attempt to change my password has moved me directly to 30-days in Microsoft jail. It is amazing that this is the best form of security available. It convinced me to abandon all Microsoft programs outside of Windows 10. What a mess....
  8. Reloading WIN10 from Win0iso file Clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reloading WIN10 from Win0iso file Clean install: Last year I rebuilt my system installed a new SSD in C; position to make the computer boot faster. At the time of the work on my computer I created a Win10 ISO backup.. Well as luck would have it the SSD has failed. it is completely dead. I thought I was safe, with the...
  9. BSOD on win10 (also 7) Multiple / day clean installs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on win10 (also 7) Multiple / day clean installs: Getting BSOD on Win7, Win10 both while gaming. replaced graphics card (twice) 2 different cards. ntoskrnl.exe was one I recall. Maybe causing memory corruption now. Typically only occurs using ArchAge Game. reinstalled game a few times as well. reinstalled windows 7 4 times,...
  10. Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?: Granted...this may be a dumb question...but I botched the upgrade to Win10 by selecting 32-bit instead of 64-bit. *Redface*cry*Sad I'm planning to do a clean install, from a bootable flash using the Media Creator tool (that includes the Ann. update) I know I'll lose all...