Windows 10: Does Win10 download+install Updates when Login=Welcome screen is up?

Discus and support Does Win10 download+install Updates when Login=Welcome screen is up? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Assume I boot Win10 but do NOT login. So currently the Login=Welcome screen is visible. Does Win10 in this state (auto)search for updates, download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pstein, Jun 28, 2019.

1. pstein Win User

Does Win10 download+install Updates when Login=Welcome screen is up?

Assume I boot Win10 but do NOT login.

So currently the Login=Welcome screen is visible.

Does Win10 in this state (auto)search for updates, download and install them?

In other words: Is auto-update Win10 user-independent or a user login required?

Related question: From Android it is known that updates from Google Play Store are only automatically downloaded+installed when the SmartPhone is currently connected with a power cable.

This should avoid interrupted/corrupted App downloads when battery is empty.

Is this the same with Win10?
    So when my notebook runs currently on battery no auto-updates are performed?

Correct?

Peter

:)

pstein, Jun 28, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Does Win10 download+install Updates when Login=Welcome screen is up? - Similar Threads - Does Win10 download+install

2. Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Optional update not downloading when I check it and press download and install: please help cant install this update[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-optional-update-not-downloading-when-i-check/581d6806-5ebc-4eed-8cc4-a1d7a84a8732
  3. Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?: I normally have updates set for manual: detect but advise only, pending manual execution (download and install). Years ago, on win7, I got bitten badly several times by doing the monthly patch update immediately. The bad patches were recalled by MS within a day or 2, but for...
  4. "Welcome to Windows" screen will show up even when welcome experience and tips are unchecked

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Welcome to Windows" screen will show up even when welcome experience and tips are unchecked: Hello, on at least two 1903 Win10 Pro machines I saw the "Welcome to Windows" screen. But the mentioned checkboxes were already unchecked! ... [ATTACH] What is the deal here, how to stop those screens, which block the startup, one and for all ?? Thanks Alexander...
  5. Win10 1903 update not downloading or installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 1903 update not downloading or installing: I get the following message on the update page: The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you'll see the update available on this page. There's...
  6. Lock/Login/Welcome Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock/Login/Welcome Screen: Hello, i would like to ask if there is a way to like start my windows 10 pc to select an account before automatically starting to one that has no password? Because, on our pc, we have two accounts/users, One is my personal and more organized user/account that "has a...
  7. Win10 login without a password and welcome screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 login without a password and welcome screen: Hi, i have an issue. I want to be able to boot my PC to desktop without any passwords. I've already tried "netplwiz" and all these kinds of commands (which leads to the same thing) and i had kinda success: i have no password on boot. Yet for any 20th or 30th boot I still got...
  8. Login screen wont show up on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login screen wont show up on welcome screen: So whenever I press any button or slide up with my mouse button it does not show up with the login screen. There is no power button on the welcome screen so I cant do a safe mode troubleshoot ----------------------------------- http:/youtu.be/o/MCRamgJgg heres how it...
  9. win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password": hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent update(wouldn't let us because of missing ownership) so she logged out and when she wanted to login again then it would say "welcome" for...
  10. Change login / welcome screen language

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change login / welcome screen language: Hi folks changing language on login screen is hidden in the old control panel. Note language change is fine for rest of windows but for the login screen it's a bit fiddly. You need to enter the control panel by entering run at the windows icon and enter control panel....