Windows 10: Does win10 have built-in wifi transfer?

Discus and support Does win10 have built-in wifi transfer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to transfer files from my win10 desktop to my win10 phone via my home wifi (not wifi direct). I know I can use third party programs but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gr5eqqergagrae, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Does win10 have built-in wifi transfer?

I would like to transfer files from my win10 desktop to my win10 phone via my home wifi (not wifi direct). I know I can use third party programs but does windows 10 have it built in? With all the bragging they're doing I figure it's gotta be in here somewhere lol.

:)

gr5eqqergagrae, Apr 13, 2016
  2. Sajidrm Win User

win10 doesn't have built in dictionary like IOS

Sajidrm, Apr 13, 2016
  3. LCRT Win User

It does.

4. dalchina New Member

Does win10 have built-in wifi transfer?

Laptops are typically equipped with Wifi; desktops not necessarily. It's not a question of whether Win 10 supports Wifi or not.
    The WLAN driver should be installed by Win 10.

Why not connect your phone to your PC?

On the other hand, if you mean Wi-Fi Direct, whilst this is available on a Windows Phone, apparently, I don't know if it is in a PC build.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    If you can establish a communications link of some kind between phone and PC (via USB cable or Bluetooth will work, if you don't have Wifi on your desktop, or you can buy a cheap 802.11g or n USB Wi-fi dongle for under $10 nowadays) you can use Remote Desktop to transfer files between the two machines. See this Microsoft web page "How to use Remote Desktop."
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 13, 2016
  6. Just connect the phone's charging cable to the PC and copy off what you need.

If you can't do that for some reason, use a free cloud storage service, such as Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.

DeaconFrost, Apr 13, 2016
  7. sml156 Win User
    I do not own a windows phone but I am sure you can share folders between your phone and desktop.

sml156, Apr 13, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

That's as close as you are going to come to automatic file syncing/uploading between the PC and the phone.

NavyLCDR, Apr 13, 2016
  9. You can do it with android so I figured it could be done with windows but I guess that's that linux advantage. At least windows 10 runs linux stuff now so I'll just wait for win10 mobile to get it too no worries.

Here's an example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...transfer&hl=en the worst part is it's android doing it with windows it's not android doing it with linux, so hopefully microsoft figures out how to do it on their own or just uses linux stuff since it's got linux built in now

gr5eqqergagrae, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Does win10 have built-in wifi transfer? - Similar Threads - Does win10 built

2. Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?: I read online that edge has a vpn but is limited to 500 meggbites if edge has a vpn is there away to get more data usage on the vpn. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-edge-have-a-built-in-vpn/f72494d4-c8e6-4aac-95f4-01547bef4eb7
  3. Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does microsoft edge have a built in VPN?: I read online that edge has a vpn but is limited to 500 meggbites if edge has a vpn is there away to get more data usage on the vpn. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-edge-have-a-built-in-vpn/f72494d4-c8e6-4aac-95f4-01547bef4eb7
  4. Does anyone have a Error Code 56 Built-in WiFi adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone have a Error Code 56 Built-in WiFi adapter?: Hey there community helpers and members! A few months ago, I reset my network by using the Network Reset option under wifi in the windows 10 settings. I restarted and all looked great until I looked at device manager. I got the following error below: Windows is still setting...
  5. Does anyone have a Error Code 56 Built-in WiFi adapter?

Does anyone have a Error Code 56 Built-in WiFi adapter?: Hey there community helpers and members! A few months ago, I reset my network by using the Network Reset option under wifi in the windows 10 settings. I restarted and all looked great until I looked at device manager. I got the following error below: Windows is still setting...
  6. Does anyone have a Error Code 56 Built-in WiFi adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Built in Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Built in Wifi: What microsoft laptops have built in wifi? I have been struggling to find a product description for a laptop with built in wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-wifi/60ad6d36-fae3-458c-8dc3-22cb46a84736
  8. Does Windows have a built in Zip/RaR program?

Does Windows have a built in Zip/RaR program?: Does Windows have a built in Zip/RaR program? What happened to the extract option upon right click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-have-a-built-in-ziprar-program/2e9d3747-9b72-494b-85e1-4bad992d2391
  9. Does windows 10 have built in music player?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does windows 10 have built in music player?: I wanted to play back my 3000 plus' songs I have stored in one of my Hard drives drives to playback either by alphabetically or by year or by size etc etc with a 'juke box' player to do this.. If I select the folder of music and play one it will stop after the one has...
  10. Does Windows10 have Easy transfer properties?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does Windows10 have Easy transfer properties?: Does windows 10 have Easy Transfer property? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows10-have-easy-transfer-properties/e24ec8a2-179a-44cd-b727-04b47cacd3bd