Windows 10: Does Win10 Home Skip Disk Partitioning, Or Did I Miss It?

Discus and support Does Win10 Home Skip Disk Partitioning, Or Did I Miss It? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I have two laptops, and I installed Windows 10 Pro on one--no problem. With Pro, I was prompted and allowed to partition disks. Later I kicked off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/truoctruoc11, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Does Win10 Home Skip Disk Partitioning, Or Did I Miss It?

So, I have two laptops, and I installed Windows 10 Pro on one--no problem. With Pro, I was prompted and allowed to partition disks. Later I kicked off a Windows 10 Home install but it didn't stop/prompt me until the language selection step, well passed the partitioning stage.

Before I restart this long Home install process, does Home by default hide the partitioning step? Or did I miss it? TBH I was multitasking. Just seems like the install process for Home vs Pro was different and wanted to verify.

submitted by /u/truoctruoc11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/truoctruoc11, Oct 14, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 14, 2020
  3. ze ultimo Win User
    diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Does Win10 Home Skip Disk Partitioning, Or Did I Miss It?

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Does Win10 Home Skip Disk Partitioning, Or Did I Miss It? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Does Win10 Home Skip Disk Partitioning, Or Did I Miss It?

1. Does Win10 Home Skip Disk Partitioning, Or Did I Miss It? - Similar Threads - Does Win10 Home

2. Disk partition missing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition missing on startup: My computer has 500GB drive, which is divided into C: & D: partition, each with approximately the same spaces around 250GB. I use Windows 10 that is routinely updated.This morning when I started the computer, I noticed that the D: is missing, along with its space, so right...
  3. Disk partition missing on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk partition missing on startup: My computer has 500GB drive, which is divided into C: & D: partition, each with approximately the same spaces around 250GB. I use Windows 10 that is routinely updated.This morning when I started the computer, I noticed that the D: is missing, along with its space, so right...
  4. Disk partition missing on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. my Disk Partitions are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Disk Partitions are missing: Recently that is after upgrading to 11 these issues are persistent .My disk drivers often keeps on disappearing whatever i do cannot see them ,every time i have to restart the system even so it won't showing the disk partitionsHDD . Only OSc drive is visible SSD...
  6. my Disk Partitions are missing

my Disk Partitions are missing: Recently that is after upgrading to 11 these issues are persistent .My disk drivers often keeps on disappearing whatever i do cannot see them ,every time i have to restart the system even so it won't showing the disk partitionsHDD . Only OSc drive is visible SSD...
  7. Partition Missing on Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition Missing on Hard Disk: I was trying to install a Linux partition a few days ago but I decided to back out of the whole thing mid-process, but I had already partitioned 50 GB of my 512 hard drive from the Windows OS in my hard drive knowing I had enough free space to do so. Upon returning to...
  8. Partition Missing on Hard Disk

Partition Missing on Hard Disk: I was trying to install a Linux partition a few days ago but I decided to back out of the whole thing mid-process, but I had already partitioned 50 GB of my 512 hard drive from the Windows OS in my hard drive knowing I had enough free space to do so. Upon returning to...
  9. Win10 Skipping disk check

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Skipping disk check: I need help as I'm getting very frustrated. My D: drive (non system) keeps getting check on startup, I tried to use the 'chkntfs /x D:' to skip this but it doesn't work. After a few forced resets, when I land the 'press any key to skip disk check in 8secs...' And when I...
  10. Disk partitioning, win10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk partitioning, win10 installation: [img] Hello. Can somebody explain me what EFI System Partition is doing? Should i remove it? I've tryied already to install win10 from USB multiple times. After installation, pc restarts and starts to display UNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, or , if i insert USB again and click...