Windows 10: Does Win10 support TPM1.2?

Discus and support Does Win10 support TPM1.2? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I found that below table from https://docs.microsoft.com/, and wondering the meaning of the statement- Windows 10, version 1507 (End of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sandra6699, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Does Win10 support TPM1.2?

Hello,

I found that below table from https://docs.microsoft.com/, and wondering the meaning of the statement-

Windows 10, version 1507 (End of Life as of May 2017) only supported TPM 2.0 for Credential Guard. Beginning with Windows 10, version 1511, TPM 1.2 and 2.0 are supported.

Since 2016, TPM2.0 is mandatory for Win10, does Win10 driver support TPM1.2 as well?

TPM and Windows Features

The following table defines which Windows features require TPM support.

Measured Boot Yes Yes Yes Measured Boot requires TPM 1.2 or 2.0 and UEFI Secure Boot
    BitLocker Yes Yes Yes TPM 1.2 or 2.0 is required
    Device Encryption Yes N/A Yes Device Encryption requires Modern Standby/Connected Standby certification, which requires TPM 2.0.
    Windows Defender Application Control (Device Guard) No Yes Yes
    Windows Defender Exploit Guard No N/A N/A
    Windows Defender System Guard Yes No Yes
    Credential Guard No Yes Yes Windows 10, version 1507 (End of Life as of May 2017) only supported TPM 2.0 for Credential Guard. Beginning with Windows 10, version 1511, TPM 1.2 and 2.0 are supported.
    Device Health Attestation Yes Yes Yes
    Windows Hello/Windows Hello for Business No Yes Yes Azure AD join supports both versions of TPM, but requires TPM with keyed-hash message authentication code (HMAC) and Endorsement Key (EK) certificate for key attestation support.
    UEFI Secure Boot No Yes Yes
    TPM Platform Crypto Provider Key Storage Provider Yes Yes Yes
    Virtual Smart Card Yes Yes Yes
    Certificate storage No Yes Yes TPM is only required when the certificate is stored in the TPM.

Thank you to advise and have a nice day!

:)

Sandra6699, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 4, 2018
  3. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Does Win10 support TPM1.2?

calling level 2 support

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows key, and type Contact Support.

• Select Services and apps.

• Click on Windows.

• Click on Technical Support.

• There you will be able to contact the Technical support.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Does Win10 support TPM1.2?

1. Does Win10 support TPM1.2? - Similar Threads - Does Win10 support

2. Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouses?: Can I install windows 10 on ,*coure2duo processor*2GB Ram*ps2 keyboard and mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-support-ps2-type-keyboards-mouses/e72c7f51-51ac-46db-b698-b5b2f697bab4
  3. Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouses?: Can I install windows 10 on ,*coure2duo processor*2GB Ram*ps2 keyboard and mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-support-ps2-type-keyboards-mouses/e72c7f51-51ac-46db-b698-b5b2f697bab4
  4. Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouse?

Does Windows 10 support PS/2 type keyboards mouse?: Can I install windows 10 on ,*coure2duo processor*2GB Ram*ps2 keyboard and mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-support-ps2-type-keyboards-mouse/e72c7f51-51ac-46db-b698-b5b2f697bab4
  5. Does windows 11 support the tent mode on a 2-in-1 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows 11 support the tent mode on a 2-in-1 laptop?: I've seen the documentation state Tablet Mode is removed from Windows 11 and new functionality and capability is included for keyboard attach and detach postures. I don't use the tablet mode but always use the tent mode on Windows 10. I can't find any clarification on support...
  6. Does windows 11 support the tent mode on a 2-in-1 laptop?

Does windows 11 support the tent mode on a 2-in-1 laptop?: I've seen the documentation state Tablet Mode is removed from Windows 11 and new functionality and capability is included for keyboard attach and detach postures. I don't use the tablet mode but always use the tent mode on Windows 10. I can't find any clarification on support...
  7. Does anyone know how to get to tier 2 support at Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does anyone know how to get to tier 2 support at Microsoft?: I can't believe the run around I've gotten trying to get to a support person who can actually resolve my problem. I have the same people doing the same troubleshooting. I tell them we've already done that, the next level one support person does it anyways and then tells me to...
  8. Surface Pro 2 does not support ASUS MB16AC Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 2 does not support ASUS MB16AC Monitor: I am trying to connect my new Asus ZenScreen MB16AC external monitor to my old(ish) SurfacePro 2 (with Windows 10). I am getting a message 'Your device does not support DP Alt mode, please install the latest driver and try again'. I did install the driver and widget and...
  9. Does Win10 support TPM1.2?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does Win10 support TPM1.2?: Hello, I found that below table from https://docs.microsoft.com/, and wondering the meaning of the statement- Windows 10, version 1507 (End of Life as of May 2017) only supported TPM 2.0 for Credential Guard. Beginning with Windows 10, version 1511, TPM 1.2 and 2.0 are...
  10. Does Win10 support the old Windows FTP Client?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Win10 support the old Windows FTP Client?: I've written a couple of utilities for my wife's club (upload passwords, upload newsletter) that uses the Windows FTP client. They quit working for the two users who have upgraded to 10. I have to do it for them. This has kept me form upgrading to 10. Has it changed or have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 tpm1.2

2. windows defender system guard tpm 1.2