Windows 10: Does WIn10 upgrade require a new password reset disk?

Discus and support Does WIn10 upgrade require a new password reset disk? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I upgraded from win 8.1 pro to win 10 pro a little while ago. This was an upgrade not a clean install. Do I need to remake my password resets ? I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by spokey, Nov 2, 2019.

1. spokey Win User

Does WIn10 upgrade require a new password reset disk?

I upgraded from win 8.1 pro to win 10 pro a little while ago. This was an upgrade not a clean install.

Do I need to remake my password resets ? I currently have one for every user on every machine.

:)

spokey, Nov 2, 2019

2. create a password reset disk

Hi,

Creating a password reset disk requires you to sign in using a local account, and there shouldn't be an issue of doing it. However, we would like to know what do you mean by "nothing happens". We also suggest that you check this
    article to see if you're doing the same steps for creating a password reset
    disk.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Nov 2, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 2, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

Vista Password reset boot disk?

Need a stupid disk to reset user passwords on vista machines...
    Have one for xp, can't find one for vista...

niko084, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Does WIn10 upgrade require a new password reset disk? - Similar Threads - Does WIn10 upgrade

2. WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3: Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 PRO build, where I am unable to login with since July.Might have been after an update, that it switched to PIN only it is not my laptop, helping out a friend.- Login screen requires only PIN, there is NO option for reset pin or switch to...
  3. Create Password Reset Disk link does not respond

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Password Reset Disk link does not respond: In trying to follow the instructions for creating a Password Reset Disk, when I click on that option under User Accounts, nothing happens. Any advice appreciated, thanks!The panel I am looking at when I try to perform this operation can be seen here....
  4. A password reset disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A password reset disk: Is it possible to create a password reset disk in Windows 10, version 1909? From every hint and comment I have seen this feature seems to have disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-password-reset-disk/80d79952-1a21-4038-a76c-50958bb62069
  5. required password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    required password reset: I restarted my laptop this morning and a screen came up that I have not seen before. It said a password reset was required and asked for the last four digits of my cell phone number. I then received a text and entered the code provided, which took me to a screen to enter my...
  6. Password reset disk

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password reset disk: How do I access the Forgotten Password Wizard as step 2 in Create a Password Reset Disk for Local Account? I'm following the procedure from Windows Help, Create a password reset disk for local account in Windows 10....
  7. App "Create a Password Reset Disk" does not start?

App "Create a Password Reset Disk" does not start?: Hi, From the start menu I type "reset" to bring up "Create A Password Reset Disk" option. When selecting this, nothing happens, the app doesn't start up? Checking "My Info" I am logged into a local account as an Administrator. I'm running the latest windows 10 install....
  8. Password does not meet password requirements

Password does not meet password requirements: Hi all, This one has got me stumped. Have been running my stand-alone windows 10 box ever since initial release and up to 1803 my box has always been running with the following setup: - my system is a stand-alone Windows 10 PRO box in a Workgroup, not a Domain member -...
  9. Reset password disk

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset password disk: I found this amongst my emails this morning and am tempted to use it the only query I have is that as I have multiple machines would I need a separate stick for all of them or could the same stick be used on the other machine as long a I have the password used for each...
  10. Passwords not recognised, reset required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Passwords not recognised, reset required: Hi, I need some help. I recently had a Windows update and on restart I was asked for the password. I tried my pin - but it was not accepted. I then used what I thought my password had been before I changed to using a pin but as it is a while ago I may have got it wrong...