Windows 10: Does Window have ability to auto-change shorthand into words

Discus and support Does Window have ability to auto-change shorthand into words in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For example can you make shortkeys such as, if you do a 'ty' it will turn into 'thank you' and other stuff like that. (in Mac you can do that) 166287 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by satel, Oct 13, 2020.

1. satel Win User

Does Window have ability to auto-change shorthand into words

For example can you make shortkeys such as, if you do a 'ty' it will turn into 'thank you' and other stuff like that.
    (in Mac you can do that)

:)

satel, Oct 13, 2020

2. Auto word suggestion and swype dont function anymore

Please help guys! I updated my phone to "windows phone 8.1 new". I was happy with all the new features. The word suggestions and swype worked perfectly fine for a week but now the auto word suggestion and swype does not work anymore. Please help how can
    I measure steps for these functionalities to work again!

UtkarshSinghal92, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Spelling auto-correct isn't working

Hi Mark,

To resolve your issue about Spelling auto-correct, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the
      Settings app.
    • Navigate to Devices and go to Typing.
    • Under Spelling, switch the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words to the Off position.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, go to the same settings page and turn back
      On the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words
      feature.
    Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Does Window have ability to auto-change shorthand into words - Similar Threads - Does Window ability

2. Does Windows 11 Home have Word and excel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 Home have Word and excel?: Does windows 11 home have Word and Excel built in? Or do you have to buy these as separate programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-11-home-have-word-and-excel/e1553ec3-265a-4a33-9482-9767f2114d2e
  3. Does Windows 11 Home have Word and excel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 11 Home have Word and excel?: Does windows 11 home have Word and Excel built in? Or do you have to buy these as separate programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-11-home-have-word-and-excel/e1553ec3-265a-4a33-9482-9767f2114d2e
  4. Do windows updates in Windows 10 have the ability to change/alter the BIOS settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do windows updates in Windows 10 have the ability to change/alter the BIOS settings?: We have a controlled environment in which all computers were deployed with the microphones and wifi disabled in the BIOS settings roughly 12 to 15 months ago. When these devices were deployed, the deploying technician confirmed the bios settings had not changed and labeled...
  5. does windows 10 have an ability like windows 11 live captions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does windows 10 have an ability like windows 11 live captions?: regards! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-have-an-ability-like-windows-11/faa2228a-b0ed-4ff6-a132-55b5c87772bf
  6. does windows 10 have an ability like windows 11 live captions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does windows 10 have an ability like windows 11 live captions?: regards! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-have-an-ability-like-windows-11/faa2228a-b0ed-4ff6-a132-55b5c87772bf
  7. Auto capitalisation of some words

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto capitalisation of some words: Hello. I've had this problem now for some time. Some of the words I type will be auto-capitalized eventhough I wouldn't want them to be and I cannot turn this "feature" off. The newest addition to this problem is that today when I've typed the word "your" in the email app all...
  8. Auto backups in Word

Auto backups in Word: Is there any option to specify where the backup is created? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-backups-in-word/c70b282c-1eea-4931-b69e-5b0cd3bbb931
  9. auto suggestion of word while using word application

auto suggestion of word while using word application: Please help! While I am typing anywhere, I get this annoying word suggestion box on my screen, often over my text. How do I switch it off and make it go to it's final resting place? Screen shot below: Thank you wise people. Rach Oh so ironic!!!!!!...
  10. Word document not auto saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...