Windows 10: Does Window have ability to auto-change shorthand into words

Discus and support Does Window have ability to auto-change shorthand into words in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For example can you make shortkeys such as, if you do a 'ty' it will turn into 'thank you' and other stuff like that. (in Mac you can do that) 166287 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by satel, Oct 13, 2020.

1. satel Win User

Does Window have ability to auto-change shorthand into words

For example can you make shortkeys such as, if you do a 'ty' it will turn into 'thank you' and other stuff like that.
    (in Mac you can do that)

:)

satel, Oct 13, 2020

2. Auto word suggestion and swype dont function anymore

Please help guys! I updated my phone to "windows phone 8.1 new". I was happy with all the new features. The word suggestions and swype worked perfectly fine for a week but now the auto word suggestion and swype does not work anymore. Please help how can
    I measure steps for these functionalities to work again!

UtkarshSinghal92, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Spelling auto-correct isn't working

Hi Mark,

To resolve your issue about Spelling auto-correct, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the
      Settings app.
    • Navigate to Devices and go to Typing.
    • Under Spelling, switch the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words to the Off position.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, go to the same settings page and turn back
      On the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words
      feature.
    Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Does Window have ability to auto-change shorthand into words - Similar Threads - Does Window ability

2. Headphone does not auto detect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone does not auto detect.: So, i plugged in my headphone and it is not working. i tried as suggest in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/headphones-not-being-auto-detected-when-plugged-in/617c1349-16dd-4b4b-bfa5-18aa566d8f37 but still not worked for me. when i restarted my...
  3. Word does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word does not work: Word doesn't work , not even with safe mode. This is one of many times , i am paying for this, it is not free. I need it for my work.... HELP I am tired of this : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-does-not-work/cac8caf7-8c48-4cce-8499-2c753a2841cb
  4. Why does word scrabble have so many errors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does word scrabble have so many errors?: It freezes up at times and it says a word is invalid when it is not, It seems you could update the dictionary and fix its errors. I attached this screenshot,[IMG]...
  5. Word auto starts at Win 10 boot

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word auto starts at Win 10 boot: Since the recent update of Office 365 to Microsoft 365, MS Word is opening two copies every time I boot up Win 10 (latest 1909). I looked in start up and nothing there. I looked at Word options and didn't see anything. ??? 155040
  6. Auto backups in Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto backups in Word: Is there any option to specify where the backup is created? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-backups-in-word/c70b282c-1eea-4931-b69e-5b0cd3bbb931
  7. auto suggestion of word while using word application

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto suggestion of word while using word application: Please help! While I am typing anywhere, I get this annoying word suggestion box on my screen, often over my text. How do I switch it off and make it go to it's final resting place? Screen shot below: Thank you wise people. Rach Oh so ironic!!!!!!...
  8. Does the 1903 auto-install?

Does the 1903 auto-install?: I have a Dell desktop and a Toshiba laptop -- both required a self install of the 1903 update using the Windows Update Assistant. If people wait, will 1903 eventually auto install -- preferably in the middle of the night? Please advise,...
  9. How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to have Word auto-suggest document title when "save as"?: Hi, I probably turned this option off some time, a long, long time ago... But now would like Word to auto-suggest the first line of document text when doing "save as". Where did i put that option away? *092 130892
  10. Word document not auto saved

Word document not auto saved: I wrote a word document and never titled it or even saved it originally. i work and come back to my work and know that autosave exists so i didn't worry about it. My computer got closed accidentally. 2 days later i opened word and found my document under Document 1 as is...