Windows 10: Does Windows 10 allow fingerprint readers to be used with other software (i.e., Quicken,...

Discus and support Does Windows 10 allow fingerprint readers to be used with other software (i.e., Quicken,... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been searching forever for an answer and getting really frustrated. When I had Windows 7 Pro, I had a DigitalPersona scanner with its own... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by miaclockman57, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Does Windows 10 allow fingerprint readers to be used with other software (i.e., Quicken,...

I have been searching forever for an answer and getting really frustrated. When I had Windows 7 Pro, I had a DigitalPersona scanner with its own software. Whenever I had an application or webpage that required a password, I could use the scanner to enter the password automatically.

After upgrading to Windows 10, I got a message that the fingerprint reader was not compatible. I then purchased an Eikon reader and it works fine with Windows Hello. However, I cannot find any management software that will keep a database of stored passwords for websites and 3rd party software (like Quicken, Acrobat Pro, etc). As a temporary fix, I do have LastPass password management software, but that's only good for websites but not applications.

If windows 10 has been locked down so that fingerprint scanners can only be used for Windows hello, can someone explain why?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

:)

miaclockman57, Jun 2, 2019

2. Fingerprint reader on windows 10

I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for a few years now with AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 installed and a TrueMe fingerprint reading device.

The Protector Suite software allowed me to login to windows using a fingerprint and to use fingerprints to open password protected files as well as entering passwords into web screens. The software maintained a database, which allowed any entry of a password to be stored against a fingerprint.

Consequently, I've become used to simply swiping the fingerprint reader to enter all my passwords. Brilliant!

Along comes Windows 10 and I can't get Protector Suite 2012 to install. It gives the error "To use this product, Windows Biometric Framework must be enabled.". I can successfully setup Windows 10 Hello to use the fingerprint reader to login to Windows 10, but this is a small fraction of the potential of using fingerprints.

Anyone any idea on how to enable Windows Biometric Framework. By the way I've already tried using gpedit.msc to Enable "Allow the use of biometrics" but this doesn't appear to make the slightest bit of difference.

Alternatively, is there any Windows 10 compatible software out there that will do more than simply allow me to use my fingerprint reader to login. I would like to use it to enter passwords for protected files and web page inputs.

I performed a clean, fresh install of Windows 10 Pro alongside my existing Windows 7 Ultimate, so I can dual boot. Until I get ALL the functionality I currently have with Windows 7, I won't be switching to Windows 10 anytime soon.

milleniumaire, Jun 2, 2019
  3. windows 10 doesn't recognized internal fingerprint reader

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you

I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to uninstall fingerprint reader software from the computer and reinstall it in compatibility mode and check. Follow the below steps

Step1: Uninstall fingerprint reader software.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control Panel

• Go to Programs and Features

• Right click your fingerprint reader software from the list and tap or click
        Uninstall.

• Reboot your machine

Step 2: If you have executable file of the corresponding driver, I suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode. Follow the steps:

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select the version of Windows in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Also, refer:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Applies to Windows 10 as well.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Does Windows 10 allow fingerprint readers to be used with other software (i.e., Quicken,...

Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Fingerprint reader on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the device status in Device Manager along with exclamatory mark?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, click on
      view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the drivers for Fingerprint Reader in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Fingerprint driver and select Update Driver Software
    • Check if you are able to access the device.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Does Windows 10 allow fingerprint readers to be used with other software (i.e., Quicken,...

1. Does Windows 10 allow fingerprint readers to be used with other software (i.e., Quicken,... - Similar Threads - Does allow fingerprint

2. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  3. Fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint reader: My Precision5530 will not let me use the fingerprint reader to sign into my computer. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader/b314b40e-f1d8-4656-8445-ce60053a472c
  4. fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint reader: I have had my yoga C940 for about two weeks and my fingerprint reader has been working fine. then all of a sudden it stops working so I delete it to add another an this happens. I'm totally upset because this is one of the main reasons I purchased his laptop. the windows 10...
  5. Windows does not pick up Fingerprint reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows does not pick up Fingerprint reader: Split from this thread. When the last update of wdows 10 took place in my laptor since then the windows hello fingerprint cannot sence my fingerprint device....
  6. fingerprinter reader

fingerprinter reader: hola, tengo un portatil lenovo, venia con windows 7, compre windows 10 pro, pero mi fingerprinter reader no funciona, en windows hello ni en otras aplicaciones, en administrador de de dispositivos lo trate de actualizar diver y me dice que no encontro diver en linea y que...
  7. Unable to use Fingerprint Reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to use Fingerprint Reader: Why can't windows hello in my hp probook 6470b set up a fingerprint password yet there is a fingerprint scanner? current OS windows 10 1909, fp drivers hp protecttools manager and validity fingerprint sensors. will be great to receive help here. Thanks. ***Modified title...
  8. Fingerprint reader does not work on Windows 10!

Fingerprint reader does not work on Windows 10!: Good morning! I have a Fujitsu Celsius H910 Mobile workstation with AuthenTec Inc. AES2660 Fingerprint sensor. It was work well under Windows 7 and Windows 10 BUT! About 2018. summer there was an update of operating system (Windows 10 64 bit) and since then the...
  9. Fingerprint reader on windows 10

Fingerprint reader on windows 10: I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for a few years now with AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 installed and a TrueMe fingerprint reading device. The Protector Suite software allowed me to login to windows using a fingerprint and to use fingerprints to open password protected...
  10. Fingerprint Reader ?

Fingerprint Reader ?: Hi, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (2012 version) with a fingerprint reader. When I want to install the lenovo driver I have a message that said the Windows Biometric Framework need to be activate. I go into gpedit.msc and active the service, reboot the computer but still the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fingerprint reader for quicken