Windows 10: does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition?

Discus and support does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a bunch of fragmented files and folders on my external hard drive which has several partitions, if I move these files to another partition do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kai379, May 28, 2023.

1. Kai379 Win User

does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition?

I have a bunch of fragmented files and folders on my external hard drive which has several partitions, if I move these files to another partition do they get defragged in the process or will the files remain fragmented?I am using veracrypt on all of these partitions so I cannot easily defrag these partitions.

:)

Kai379, May 28, 2023
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Automatic defrag

Hi Walter,

To set an automatic defragmentation on Windows 10, follow these simple steps:

• Go to
      Control panel
      and change the view to
      Small icons.

• Chose
      Administrative Tools.

• Click on
      Defragment and Optimize Drives.

• Under
      Scheduled optimization, click
      Change settings.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 28, 2023
  3. Automatic defrag

Thank you. I had already done that. The problem is that the resulting menu only gives the opportunity of selecting Daily, Weekly or Monthly and the drives, but there is no way of entering that I want to defrag (for example) every Thursday at 2 pm. It is
    the ability to schedule the defrag so specifically that I am looking for.

Walter Seaton, May 28, 2023
  4. BulldogXX Win User

does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition?

BulldogXX, May 28, 2023
Thema:

1. does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition? - Similar Threads - does automatically defragment

2. does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition?: I have a bunch of fragmented files and folders on my external hard drive which has several partitions, if I move these files to another partition do they get defragged in the process or will the files remain fragmented?I am using veracrypt on all of these partitions so I...
  3. does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does windows 10 automatically defragment files when moving them to a different partition?: I have a bunch of fragmented files and folders on my external hard drive which has several partitions, if I move these files to another partition do they get defragged in the process or will the files remain fragmented?I am using veracrypt on all of these partitions so I...
  4. Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.: I have unclicked delete immediately. I have unclicked Storage Sense. I have uninstalled NORTON and rebooted. Windows is still permanently deleting files when moved to the bin? WTH ?? How do I fix this? I want the option to empty the bin when I blasted well want to empty the...
  5. Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.: I have unclicked delete immediately. I have unclicked Storage Sense. I have uninstalled NORTON and rebooted. Windows is still permanently deleting files when moved to the bin? WTH ?? How do I fix this? I want the option to empty the bin when I blasted well want to empty the...
  6. Windows 10 automatically deleting files when moved to bin.

7. Does windows 10 check the consistency of files while copying or moving them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows 10 check the consistency of files while copying or moving them?: Does windows 10 check the consistency of files while copying or moving them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-check-the-consistency-of-files/62caed25-8141-455c-bc26-407a3408e13b
  8. Does windows 10 check the consistency of files while copying or moving them?

Does windows 10 check the consistency of files while copying or moving them?: Does windows 10 check the consistency of files while copying or moving them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-check-the-consistency-of-files/62caed25-8141-455c-bc26-407a3408e13b
  9. How to defragment and move unmovable files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to defragment and move unmovable files?: Hi, I want to "consolidate" (put together) all unmovable files (all those whose names start with $) in the very beginning of C: and then close to that piece I want to put pagefile.sys. The thing is that no program I know not only offers to MOVE them but also DOES it. Disktrix...
  10. Automatically defragment

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatically defragment: Does windows 10 automatically defrag your hard drive ? And also how many do you need to defrag your hard drive per week? 113938