Windows 10: Does windows 10 automatically get activated after clean install of 2018 mar update

Discus and support Does windows 10 automatically get activated after clean install of 2018 mar update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I bought my laptop, it had windows 10 pro preinstalled. I then formatted to reconfigure the partitions and again installed windows 10 from the iso... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sagarvd01, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Sagarvd01 Win User

Does windows 10 automatically get activated after clean install of 2018 mar update

When I bought my laptop, it had windows 10 pro preinstalled. I then formatted to reconfigure the partitions and again installed windows 10 from the iso I downloaded using media creation tool. It asked me for product key but I don't have one. I tried connecting to internet and it still asked for product key. I then contacted the seller and they give the key they used to install but it showed key is invalid. Then they give me another key, which worked.

Now I need to format this laptop again. This runs on a windows 10 ( version 1607, updated jul 2016 ). I downloaded the 2018 march iso using media creation tool (Win10_1803_English_x64).

If I delete all partition, created new ones (because I need to reconfigure the sizes and install parrotsec as a part of job) and then install windows, does it ask for product key again? Previously I had a problem that the key isn't working (see first para). Will it happen again? Currently I can't extract product key and don't have the key with me. Does it require a key while I connected to internet when installing win10?

In certain articles, I saw screenshots of settings page saying the product is tied up with their microsoft account. I can't see anything in my settings tab. How to link product key with ms account?

Does windows 10 automatically get activated after clean install of 2018 mar update 8c36ec77-30ec-445f-b78d-8c893b46b6aa?upload=true.png

I tried the command wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey but it isn't working.

Does windows 10 automatically get activated after clean install of 2018 mar update 7122c612-2b87-4ad7-8da7-0f3f1df86de7?upload=true.png

And finally, the current windows version installed in this system is july 2016 and now I am going to install mar 2018 version. will that product key work with this version?

:)

Sagarvd01, Feb 15, 2019
  2. OneMoar Win User

Windows 10 activation question

do the upgrade
    it should activate automatically when online
    if you want todo a clean install after that simply boot from your windows 10 installation media and when prompted for a key during install/post install select skip ..
    it will re-activate within 5M of being online

OneMoar, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Feb 15, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Does windows 10 automatically get activated after clean install of 2018 mar update

Windows 10 activation question

Mine finally did although it was about 6 or so hours after as it was saying failed to activate.

AsRock, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Does windows 10 automatically get activated after clean install of 2018 mar update - Similar Threads - Does automatically activated

2. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  3. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  4. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 does not activate after clean install

Windows 10 does not activate after clean install: I have performed a clean install. I had an activated Windows 10 Pro linked to my Microsoft account. It says Windows should activate automatically but it doesn't happen. I am logged in to the same Microsoft account as before. What should I do?...
  6. Windows not activated after clean install

Windows not activated after clean install: Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading with free upgrade? Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded. I did exactly this. I upgraded from a windows 7 pro system...
  7. Windows not activated after clean install

Windows not activated after clean install: Hello, I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the windows updater. After windows 10 was installed, I decided to download this Windows 10 and chose the USB option. I booted into my USB and when selecting the partition, I deleted every partition that was there (even the...
  8. Win 10 Automatic Updates after clean install?

Win 10 Automatic Updates after clean install?: Right after a clean install of Win10 how much time does It take before it starts to check for updates? How much delay time is this? Should I leave my machine ON overnight and it should start checking for updates to download? I installed Win10 about 1 hour ago. So...
  9. Windows does not activate after clean install

Windows does not activate after clean install: Yesterday, I did a clean install of build 10162, and during the install, I was prompted to insert my key. I clicked skip, and now if I go to "Activation", it says "Windows is not activated". I tried this and it did not work. What should I do ? PS: I didn't receive the...
  10. Activation after clean install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after clean install.: I have an older laptop which was given to me. It started out life as XP ! - but it now has windows 10 and was running quite happily until the creators update trickled down. I have tried everything to upgrade but it always fails. I am thinking a totally fresh install would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installed windows with microsoft tool and activated automatically

2. windows is activated after fresh install?

3. windows 10 automatically activated

4. my windows 10 is activated automatically,
  5. used laptop automatically activated windows 10,
  6. clean install of windows 10 pro auto activates,
  7. will my laptop automatically get windows activated with new windows10,
  8. windows after fresh install shows activated,
  9. clean install windows 10 from usb it activated automatically,
  10. will windows automatically update after a clean install,
  11. after win n10 clean reinstall do install previous automatic updates,
  12. how windows automatically activated after clean install,
  13. windows 10 automatically activates clean install,
  14. does windows 10 activates automatically