Windows 10: Does Windows 10 automatically update Nvidia drivers?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 automatically update Nvidia drivers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Or do I still need GeForce Experience (or manual download) like in 8.1? submitted by /u/sanijaro [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sanijaro, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Does Windows 10 automatically update Nvidia drivers?

Or do I still need GeForce Experience (or manual download) like in 8.1?

submitted by /u/sanijaro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sanijaro, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Hood Win User

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

Hood, Sep 9, 2020
  3. How to stop automatic installation of NVIDIA Driver on Windows 10?

I have the same problems with my NVIDIA-driver. And it is indeed VERY, VERY ANNOYING!

My laptop works fine when I use the original NVIDIA-drivers. As soon as the driver is automatically updated (EVERY SINGLE TIME), I get a Blue Screen of Death and I can spend a few hours learning how repairing a Windows PC works for my actual version af Windows... This
    is happening VERY FREQUENTLY:

• during automatic updates within Windows 8
    • automatically and immediately after the migration from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1
    • during automatic updates within Windows 8.1
    • automatically and immediately after the migration from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home
    After step 3, I had so much knowledge that I could safely ignore all video-related drivers or updates! Tada, everything works like a charm! But then step 4 came...

Having spend hours and hours and evenings and evenings on the same issue, I learned that one cannot ignore individual driver-updates in Windows 10! So the story continues:

5. during automatic updates within Windows 10 Home

6. after the migration from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

7. during automatic updates within Windows 10 Education

8. and on-and-on I go (each new OS build and each new NVIDIA-driver update again)

I have tried the troubleshooter (wushowhide.diagcab), but it does not REALLY help me. It helped for the first NVIDIA-update and I could 'hide' that particular NVIDIA update-version... for a while... But after a while there is a new NVIDIA-update
    with STILL the same problems! BSOD.

So I learned further: You have more control over updates using Windows Pro or Windows Education. Let's try that! The outcome: more hours spend, more knowledge about my Operating System, more frustration.

Next Step: I might be able to have even MORE control when I make some changes in the Group Policy Editor! The outcome: even more hours spend, and even more knowledge about my Operating System. But still having the same problems.

Last Step? I don´t know? Writing this is one step. May be I must give up this ordeal and simply start saving money for a MacBook or two. If I was reasonable getting paid for al these hours learning how to administer Windows, I could simply buy a few MacBooks.
    The fact is, I do not want to spend hours ADMINISTERING windows or REPAIRING my laptop: I simply want to spend hours actually USING my laptop!

If someone can help me - it could be that I somehow missed a good, working and solid solution for this problem - that would be much APPRECIATED!

Thank you!

Frankvan Doorne, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Kanan Win User

Does Windows 10 automatically update Nvidia drivers?

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

It's a weird software problem I guess. Try GeForce Experience to upgrade it, maybe it works. I have a 780 Ti too and have the newest driver in Win 8.1, installed via GF Experience.

Kanan, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Does Windows 10 automatically update Nvidia drivers?

1. Does Windows 10 automatically update Nvidia drivers? - Similar Threads - Does automatically update

2. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  3. Disable automatic updates for Nvidia drivers only. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable automatic updates for Nvidia drivers only. Is it possible?: After a year of working with fresh Windows, I suddenly got an update today for my Nvidia DCH driver. I did a small research and my guess is that Windows 10 updates DCH driver like a part of regular Windows Drivers Updates (setupapi.dev log file also contains a record about...
  4. Windows 10 automatically installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 automatically installing Nvidia Drivers: How do i stop windows 10 from automatically installing Nvidia drivers? submitted by /u/DmxDex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbmwe9/windows_10_automatically_installing_nvidia_drivers/
  5. Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?: Good Morning, My Windows 10 Pro for Workstations desktop has a Pascal era nVidia Quadro. Windows Update WU deployed nvidia proprietary driver v442.50. Is the 'best practice' for Windows 10 just to let WU handle drivers if I'm not experiencing any issues? I ask because...
  6. Windows updates nvidia drivers and does it wrong!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows updates nvidia drivers and does it wrong!: Hello, everyone! I have alienware 15 r3 with Alienware Graphics Ampliphier connected to it. Hence, I have 2 videochips - nvidia GT1060 mobile and Nvidia Titan XP desktop. With Nvidia Desktop driver manually downloded all works fine. Until Microsoft get its update with...
  7. updating nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...
  8. Nvidia drivers automatically uninstall after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia drivers automatically uninstall after updating: I just update my dell g7 windows yesterday and then the next morning my Nvidia drivers automatically uninstall and i want to know what is happening. After i reinstall my driver from Nvidia website, i notice that when i game my fps kinda choking pretty bad, i need explanation....
  9. Fed up with Windows Update installing nVidia driver automatically

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fed up with Windows Update installing nVidia driver automatically: Hello guys, I'm asking this question here because I truly have no clue what to do anymore to solve this problem. After a clean install of Windows (without internet connection), as soon as I connect to the internet, Windows downloads and installs an old Nvidia driver with its...
  10. Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver: Hi, I need an older version of the nvidia driver to be installed on my computer. But windows 10 keeps updating it every time even with "Never install driver software from Windows Update" checked (as the figure). Any idea to prevent this? Thanks [img] 12237

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download driver nvidia 353.54 alien ware