Windows 10: Does windows 10 calc.exe need the MS Store to function?

Discus and support Does windows 10 calc.exe need the MS Store to function? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I attempt to run 'calc.exe' I get message- "You'll need a new app to open this calculator". I have downloaded another calculator and can use that,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DaveGrant01, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Does windows 10 calc.exe need the MS Store to function?

When I attempt to run 'calc.exe' I get message- "You'll need a new app to open this calculator". I have downloaded another calculator and can use that, but like the conversions that the Win10 built-in 'calc.exe' offers. Believe that when I disabled the MS Store that this may have stopped 'calc.exe' from being able to start. Have changed permissions and ownership but to no avail. Anybody got an idea?
    Thanks!

Update:
    Ahhh, nevermind, the Windows Store is hopelessly broken on this machine, and I'm not going to backup or restore just for the Win10 calc.exe . . . giving up on this one.

:)

DaveGrant01, Jan 5, 2016

2. Calculator Will not Open

I am a local account

After uninstalling the calculator, typing Calc.exe prompts me to install the calculator app from the app store. I am unable to find a built-in calculator app

After installing the Microsoft calculator from the app store, running calc.exe does nothing

Logging into another account on this PC calc.exe works fine

gettnmorebetter, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Calculator

Hi,

What happens when you type and run "calc.exe" from Run dialog? Last time I checked the Windows Calculator package reinstalled itself automatically when running calc.exe.

Or, open Windows Store, search for Windows Calculator and install from there.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

Does windows 10 calc.exe need the MS Store to function?

1. Does windows 10 calc.exe need the MS Store to function? - Similar Threads - Does calc exe

2. Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly

in Cortana
    Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly: Window 10 Observed behaviors:Cortana crashes immediately upon opening.Search crashes immediately upon opening, Both from the taskbar as well as File Explorer.Store opens, will search for apps, but crashes when I try to access one.I've been through every commonly known repair...
  3. Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly: Window 10 Observed behaviors:Cortana crashes immediately upon opening.Search crashes immediately upon opening, Both from the taskbar as well as File Explorer.Store opens, will search for apps, but crashes when I try to access one.I've been through every commonly known repair...
  4. Cortana, Search, and MS Store aren't functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Calc, Paint 3D, and MS Store all missing. MS Store webpage - "GET" button does nothing. Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calc, Paint 3D, and MS Store all missing. MS Store webpage - "GET" button does nothing. Help!: I had to do a full Windows 10 reinstall recently and only noticed after a few days that basic apps like Calculator and Paint 3D were just... gone. "Store" was also gone. Tried to get them back via the Store webpage and the "get" button for any app just does nothing....
  6. windows 10 calc errors ridiculous

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 calc errors ridiculous: lmao 12 + 4 x 2 = 32 ???? https://prnt.sc/w6o9d5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-calc-errors-ridiculous/8e7e4085-6ec4-4fe3-91ff-8104cbfb0add
  7. MS Calc - wrong answer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Calc - wrong answer?: Hello, I can't figure it out. this is clearly a wrong answer but i don't understand why am I getting it. other calculators agree that the answer should be about 0.7017 [ATTACH]...
  8. need new app for MS store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    need new app for MS store: When log unto Windows 10 PC , I get a pop-up saying need a new app to open MS store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-new-app-for-ms-store/d3f2b5f2-8c8f-49d0-8944-30a861e50c54
  9. windows 10 MS Store

windows 10 MS Store: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 pro 1903, MS Store will update, acquire licences and install the updates for any Apps already on my PC. however, when I try to download a new app it goes through the process Pending, Downloading, Acquiring Licence then fails. How come it will...
  10. Wish list function in MS Store isn't working.

Wish list function in MS Store isn't working.: Wish list actually doesn't work now. After adding an app into wish list, it will NOT show up in the "view wish list". To make things worse, if I quit the app page and come back later, the "on wish list" label will also disappear. In addition, no easy entry for wish list in MS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. calc.exe need windows store

2. calc.exe needs the windows store to open