Windows 10: Does Windows 10 have a CD/DVDR copying/creating software?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 have a CD/DVDR copying/creating software? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to copy some CDs and DVDs with medical imaging on them and also create a DVD from DICOM images I downloaded from the medical group. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WayneKo1, Sep 18, 2018.

1. WayneKo1 Win User

Does Windows 10 have a CD/DVDR copying/creating software?

I am trying to copy some CDs and DVDs with medical imaging on them and also create a DVD from DICOM images I downloaded from the medical group. Does Windows 10 come with any software to do this or do I have to install some other software like Nero?

:)

WayneKo1, Sep 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 help CD/DVDR

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Which CD burner you are referring to? Is it Windows Media Player CD burner?

• Have you made any changes to your system prior to this issue?

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

If you are referring to Windows Media Player then, I suggest you to run the Windows Media Player Settings.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Windows Media Player Settings.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to start the Shell Hardware detection service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Services Window, look for Shell Hardware detection service and
      Stop it.
    • Restart the computer and Start the Shell Hardware detection
      service and set it to Automatic.
    • Restart the computer and check if it works.
    Method 3:

Step 1:

I would recommend you to manually update
    DVD/CD-ROM driver from the Device Manager.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD-ROM driver from the Device Manager and check.

Follow the steps to uninstall the driver.

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.

• Search for DVD/CD-ROM driver and expand it.

• Right click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Restart the computer.

• Right click your computer name in Device Manager and click
      Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    making copies of CD in windows 10

Hi Ahamed,

When you copy music, pictures, and videos from your PC to a blank CD or DVD, it's called "burning." When you copy music, pictures, and videos from a CD or DVD to your PC, it's called "ripping." You can use Windows Media Player to do both. May we know what
    type of file are you copying?

If in any case you need to make multiple copies of a CD, there are downloadable 3rd party applications that can perform such operation with ease.

To copy a CD with only one DVD drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Insert the CD you want to copy into the DVD drive.
    • Create a location folder and copy the contents of the CD to the folder.
    • Remove the CD from the DVD drive.
    • Insert the blank CD, and then burn the contents of the folder into the new CD.

For additional information, see
    Burn and rip CD's

Note: Steps provided in the above article may also apply in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Sep 18, 2018
  4. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Does Windows 10 have a CD/DVDR copying/creating software? - Similar Threads - Does DVDR copying

2. Creating a CD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a CD: Hello I cannot find a category for Windows Media, so I am just posting it here. Am I correct in saying that to create and burn a music CD in Windows Media Player only allows me to play that CD in a Windows environment? If so, how would I create a CD whereby I can play it in a...
  3. Does windows 10 desktop have a cd tray?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does windows 10 desktop have a cd tray?: Does windows 10 desktop have a cd tray? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-desktop-have-a-cd-tray/34091ba1-0e81-45a1-8b65-701846655ffd
  4. CD copy and play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD copy and play: What is the best Music CD player that is compatible with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-copy-and-play/5b5c5f2e-3fda-4a00-908a-72df2110ddc4
  5. Free CD/DVD Software For Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Free CD/DVD Software For Windows 10: I am having problems with my CD/DVD device on my Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop Windows 10 no longer recognizes any CD/DVD media I insert. I won't go into the details about the problems since I had already opened an issue about this, and it was never resolved. There is a lot...
  6. copying a cd to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying a cd to desktop: How do I copy a CD TO MY DESKTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-a-cd-to-desktop/cf799ed8-4c20-40fe-b61a-8fbb88b15e44"
  7. Copying to a "CD"

Copying to a "CD": I am trying to copy a parts catalog I purchased to a cd, but can't seem to find away or program to do that. Can anyone tell me how to copy this to a cd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-to-a-cd/f18c8bc7-7cf4-4a65-96e2-dd6fbc4cf9f0"
  8. Copying CD's

Copying CD's: Do I need Windows Media Player to copy my CD's to my PC? I got rid of it because, even though I had iTunes set as the default, WMP kept popping up to take over. Now when I download music in iTunes, I am not able to open the albums in my music folder, only in iTunes....
  9. creating a cd or usb windows 10 boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating a cd or usb windows 10 boot: after having serveral problems, i went from win 7 to the free win10 upgrade when offered. i woud like to create a restore disk/flash/usb drive, but not sure how to do it. also, you SHOUD NOT let companies sell m.1 or 2 drive with less than 64gb. i had to go online to...
  10. Any FREE CD / DVD creating software comparable to K3b

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any FREE CD / DVD creating software comparable to K3b: Hi there I'm looking for a FREE Windows equivalent to the Linux K3b CD / DVD creating / copying software. Anything out there with a decent GUI - [img] Cheers jimbo 66064

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to copy from dvd-r to dvd-r in windows 10