Windows 10: Does Windows 10 have a way to switch between monitor configurations?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 have a way to switch between monitor configurations? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a multi-monitor setup, and sometimes I don't need all of the monitors enabled, but only need 1 or 2 enabled. In Win 7, I used DisplayFusion to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sten3, Dec 24, 2019.

1. sten3 Win User

Does Windows 10 have a way to switch between monitor configurations?

I have a multi-monitor setup, and sometimes I don't need all of the monitors enabled, but only need 1 or 2 enabled. In Win 7, I used DisplayFusion to save different monitor configurations (i.e., different configs had different monitors enabled or disabled) and switch between them. Wondering if Win 10 has a built-in ability to do that.

And to be clear, I know how to enable/disable individual monitors manually, but that's (1) tedious when you're working with several monitors, and (2) usually results in the layout of the monitors getting rearranged, which adds to the tediousness.

:)

sten3, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Does Windows 10 have a way to switch between monitor configurations? - Similar Threads - Does switch between

2. How to workaround bug switching windows between monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to workaround bug switching windows between monitors?: Moving windows between monitors Special + Shift + L/R arrow does not function correctly.Moved window ends up partially on each monitorResolution in destination monitor is completely offNote: occurs when window starts sized as small as possible - i.e. fits dimensions of both...
  3. How to workaround bug switching windows between monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to workaround bug switching windows between monitors?: Moving windows between monitors Special + Shift + L/R arrow does not function correctly.Moved window ends up partially on each monitorResolution in destination monitor is completely offNote: occurs when window starts sized as small as possible - i.e. fits dimensions of both...
  4. Is there a way to swap between different monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to swap between different monitors: I have currently got 2 monitors, and will shortly have 3. I have 1 set up as my normal monitor for general usage and gaming, and a second monitor separate on a racing simulator. Currently i have to unplug my display port cable from my pc from the monitor in use for windows...
  5. Does Windows 10 have a shortcut to switch between light and dark themes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows 10 have a shortcut to switch between light and dark themes?: Have a Surface Book 2, and it's incredibly inconvenient for me to have to dig into the settings when I am in low lighting in order to change the system theme. Is there anything that lets me change between them quickly? submitted by /u/PM_ME_ENORMOUS_TITS [link] [comments]...
  6. Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset?

Is there a way to setup a hotkey to switch between monitor speakers & headset?: I like to switch depending on if people are nearby me or not and I probably switch between my monitor and headset alot more than the average person. Is there a way to set up a hotkey so I don't have to keep opening menus? submitted by /u/UsedSpaghetti-O [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows + arrow keys to switch between monitors. Maximized

Windows + arrow keys to switch between monitors. Maximized: Can I make it so when I use the windows + arrow keys to move folders/programs between monitors stays maximized? submitted by /u/spunc1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5rpop/windows_arrow_keys_to_switch_between_monitors/
  8. Switching between single and dual monitors

Switching between single and dual monitors: I have a dual monitor setup but often only need a single monitor. Windows does not recognize if the second monitor is off and will attempt to open apps and windows in the non existent second monitor forcing me to switch it on. Is this the default behavior and is there any way...
  9. Is there a way to sync configurations between computers?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to sync configurations between computers?: Hello, Ihave a laptop and desktop machines running windows 10 I regularly use. As I work I tend to configure more and more stuff (keyboard shortcuts, word autocomplete, default signatures, etc.). Is there a way to sync these settings through the computers? I should...
  10. Is there a way to switch monitor contents between each other ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is there a way to switch monitor contents between each other ?: Hi, So my current step has 2 windows 10 PC and two monitors. PC-A (my old one) is connected to 2 monitors while PC-B (the gamer one) is only connected to monitor B I frequently end up taping the "switch source" button in monitor B to go from PC-A to PC-B or vice...