Windows 10: Does windows 10 have built in music player?

Discus and support Does windows 10 have built in music player? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to play back my 3000 plus' songs I have stored in one of my Hard drives drives to playback either by alphabetically or by year or by size etc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ttodd0450, Aug 22, 2020.

1. ttodd0450 Win User

Does windows 10 have built in music player?

I wanted to play back my 3000 plus' songs I have stored in one of my Hard drives drives to playback either by alphabetically or by year or by size etc etc with a 'juke box' player to do this..
    If I select the folder of music and play one it will stop after the one has finished . How to continuously play in the orders in described above?

I looked into iTunes and can't figure out how to upload my library to iTunes to do the same thing.. I have iTunes already with songs I have placed months and years ago but wanted to use this other library of songs instead.

I'm a senior so not top savvy in figuring these things out ...
    Google only suggested buying a juke box hardwarevia blue tooth player .. didn't want that either ..
    Windows 10 home version firmware latest

ideas or help?

thanks !!

:)

ttodd0450, Aug 22, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Hi, there's Windows Media Player- been around for decades.
    And there's the app- Groove music player.

With most players you can create your own playlist - a sequence.

If I rt click a folder containing music files, I can
    - add that to WMP's playlist.
    - play with WMP.

Or I could open the folder, select the ones I want, rt click and add those to a playlist.

If you have VLC player installed, for example, rt clicking a folder offers
    Add to... playlist
    Play with VLC player

As to the order of the play list, you'd need to research that or experiment.

dalchina, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Does windows 10 have built in music player?

I don't think you can play by date or song length with a native Windows application.

You can do that with certain separate players---such as Media Monkey.

You can sort the songs by any of many tags--size in megabytes, length, title alphabetical, date, artist alphabetical, bitrate, etc.

Or randomly.

It would be up to you to ensure that the song is tagged in such a way that would allow sorting based on that characteristic.

Once sorted in (for instance) song length descending order, you can just (for instance) start playback of a song that is 4'10 in length. When that song is completed, the player will automatically begin playing the next shortest song--maybe 4'09 or 4'08. And so on, to the bottom of the list--which might be 14 more songs or 14,000 more.

I think Media Monkey is still free. It's installed on my hard drive directly. I use a 10 plus year old version with 31,000 songs without issues. All these songs sit on my hard drive only, not in the cloud. All of this is strictly local to my PC.

Does windows 10 have built in music player? [​IMG]

ignatzatsonic, Aug 22, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

music player

"someone f****d about with my laptop, they seem to have moved music to aforesaid Groove..."
    The Groove library works like WMP's. You can choose which folders it looks for music at startup. Open Groove, hit the gear setting in L column (see screen). If you click 'choose where . look for music', likely the default is your entire This PC/Music folder. If you delete all the folders, there will be no music on the interface when it opens. But if you really want to use WMP, follow the above suggestions on how to make it your default player rather than the current Windows 10 default of Groove.

Does windows 10 have built in music player? [​IMG]

mrgeek, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Does windows 10 have built in music player? - Similar Threads - Does built music

2. Windows 10 music player bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 music player bug: HiWhen i click next music on website player, this black window i dont know name show first music name from playlistHow fix this? i want this black player show current name of played music...
  3. Windows 10 music player bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 music player bug: HiWhen i click next music on website player, this black window i dont know name show first music name from playlistHow fix this? i want this black player show current name of played music...
  4. Windows 10 music player bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 does not "see" my Android SanDisk music player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not "see" my Android SanDisk music player: Windows 10 does not "see" my android SanDisk music player. Is there a fix so I can down load music files? * Moved from mobile devices * Original title: Windows 10 to Android...
  6. Does windows 10 have built in music player?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does windows 10 have built in music player?: I wanted to play back my 3000 plus' songs I have stored in one of my Hard drives drives to playback either by alphabetically or by year or by size etc etc with a 'juke box' player to do this.. If I select the folder of music and play one it will stop after the one has...
  7. music player.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    music player.: Internet Edge forced itself onto my computer after I rejected it. Now I cannot find any of my downloaded music...Can you help me find it? It was stored in my player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-player/b3e561d8-e6b4-4e3c-9b7b-0a363f84ad15"
  8. music player

music player: Hi all, please could someone tell me how to move my music back to windows media player, I have problems using interface of Groove Music, and since someone f****d about with my laptop, they seem to have moved music to aforesaid Groove... please please help *Sad*Mad*Confused...
  9. music player windows 10

music player windows 10: player will not play multi chooses , only one selection. I highlight 3 songs , it only plays the last one. 21058
  10. Music in Windows 7 Media Player transferred to Windows 10 Player ?

Music in Windows 7 Media Player transferred to Windows 10 Player ?: ​I have a lot of music saved into Windows Media Player on Windows 7. I am aware that the new Windows 10 Upgrade will not have Windows Media Player, but that another player will either come within the Upgrade or a new music player is available. So once I upgrade from 7 to...