Windows 10: Does Windows 10 have the equivalent of Mac's Target Disk mode?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 have the equivalent of Mac's Target Disk mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two Surfaces at work, one of which I can no longer long in to and I need to get some files of of it. Is there a way to boot it so I can connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thephotodemon, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Does Windows 10 have the equivalent of Mac's Target Disk mode?

I have two Surfaces at work, one of which I can no longer long in to and I need to get some files of of it. Is there a way to boot it so I can connect it to a working machine as an external drive?

submitted by /u/thephotodemon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thephotodemon, Dec 2, 2019
  2. HaoSun Win User

preview (Mac OS) equivalent for windows

Is there an equivalent of Preview on Mac for windows? That is a pdf viewer that "refreshes" or updates when you use texmaker/Miktex to edit your pdf

I've tried Internet explorer and evince without success.

HaoSun, Dec 2, 2019
  3. jheenan Win User
    reinstalling windows ten from my MAC

I upgraded to Windows 10 (Lenovo T410 Win 8) when prompted by microsoft. The upgrade seem successful but Initially the system ran very very slow and then finally BSOD error code #OxOOOO225. I tried starting in safe mode, restarting, restarting again but after forever it returns to BSOD. Now the problem. The only working computer I have is a MAC. Microsoft suggests I create a USB boot disk to reinstall Windows 10. I downloaded the ISO file on the MAC but can't find any info or tools on how to create the USB boot disk from the MAC. Any suggestions?

jheenan, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Does Windows 10 have the equivalent of Mac's Target Disk mode?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Does Windows 10 have the equivalent of Mac's Target Disk mode?

1. Does Windows 10 have the equivalent of Mac's Target Disk mode? - Similar Threads - Does equivalent Mac's

2. Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10: HiI need to video myself on a conference call and I have no idea how to do this. A friend suggested quicktime but I thought this was an Apple product? WHat is the best version for Windows 10? Thanks in advance* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  3. Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Equivalent of Quicktime for Windows 10: HiI need to video myself on a conference call and I have no idea how to do this. A friend suggested quicktime but I thought this was an Apple product? WHat is the best version for Windows 10? Thanks in advance* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  4. Windows 10 equivalent to Memory Pressure.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 equivalent to Memory Pressure.: I have been a Mac user my entire life and recently bought the XPS 13 for it's great screen. was wondering if there is an equivalent to Memory Pressure in Macs in Windows. If not is there any alternative way to check the efficiency of the RAM? Resource Monitor maybe? Thanks...
  5. In Edge where is 'save target as' or its equivalent

in Browsers and Email
    In Edge where is 'save target as' or its equivalent: I have hunted around for this, there must be a way to do it but I havn't discovered it. The only suggestion I found was to use Internet Explore which is no longer on my PC! 176375
  6. Mac top menu bar - Windows equivalent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mac top menu bar - Windows equivalent?: Hi guys, hoping somebody might be able to offer some insight into this. I am thinking of changing from mac os to windows 10. Something very useful on mac is the menu bar across the top of the screen while using apps, on the end of which is a 'help' tab, with which you can...
  7. downloading Windows 10 iso disk file on mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading Windows 10 iso disk file on mac: My new IMAC 2019 will not download to enable me to run Bootcamp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-windows-10-iso-disk-file-on-mac/91019aef-0844-461d-95a8-75ad9509d459
  8. Creating a USB boot disk for windows 10 but I only have access to a Mac.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a USB boot disk for windows 10 but I only have access to a Mac.: As the subject says I’m in a bit of a pickle, I foolishly deleted a partition to redo windows but the usb boot disk failed and I need to make another one. I only have access to a mac to get this done and I can’t seem to find a way to format it properly. Has anyone had any...
  9. Windows 10 does not pass target to Legacy exe apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 does not pass target to Legacy exe apps: Under Windows 10, when I try to open a file using "Open With" any legacy exe, the program opens without opening the target, i.e. the file is not passed as an argument to the program. This also happens if I assign the program as the default app for particular file types. These...
  10. New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users

in Windows 10 News
    New Flash zero-day targets Windows, Mac users: Adobe has issued an advisory warning of a previously undiscovered security vulnerability in Flash Player. The company said Monday the zero-day flaw exists in the latest version of Flash Player, version 16.0.0.296 (and earlier), and if exploited could cause a crash that allows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows 10 have a target disk mode

2. windows 10 target disk mode

3. target disk mode windows 10