Windows 10: Does Windows 10 Home version have bitlocker recovery key from Microsoft side?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 Home version have bitlocker recovery key from Microsoft side? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently changed the motherboard for my Dell Inspiron Laptop which is having Windows 10 Home version OS. After changing the mother board its asking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RamaRao_3, Mar 3, 2020.

1. RamaRao_3 Win User

Does Windows 10 Home version have bitlocker recovery key from Microsoft side?

Recently changed the motherboard for my Dell Inspiron Laptop which is having Windows 10 Home version OS. After changing the mother board its asking for a bitlocker recovery key. I don't know about it and what it is and didn't find it as well. But i get to know that windows 10 Home version will not be having any Bitlocker recovery key enabled from Microsoft side.

Could someone please clarify me that whether Windows 10 Home version have the Bitlocker revorey key enabled from the Microsoft side or not?

If its not enabled from Microsoft side how I can retrieve it or whom should I need to reach out for it?

:)

RamaRao_3, Mar 3, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 3, 2020
  3. PC prompting for Bitlocker recovery key, cannot find the recovery key

Hello Leckbir,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on the PC?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?

This issue can be caused if a BIOS/firmware update has been pushed to your PC either through Windows Updates or any other OEM media update.

If you have set up the Bitlocker on your PC, I suggest you to look for the recovery key on your Microsoft account. Also, you can refer the article

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Does Windows 10 Home version have bitlocker recovery key from Microsoft side?

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Does Windows 10 Home version have bitlocker recovery key from Microsoft side?

1. Does Windows 10 Home version have bitlocker recovery key from Microsoft side? - Similar Threads - Does Home version

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key does not work: Hello,Recently I had to change the main board of my laptop and now I am unable to unlock it.I have the recovery key but when I type it in I get a message saying that the recovery key is incorrect.Is there anything I can do to unlock my ssd?Thanks!...
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key does not work: Hello,Recently I had to change the main board of my laptop and now I am unable to unlock it.I have the recovery key but when I type it in I get a message saying that the recovery key is incorrect.Is there anything I can do to unlock my ssd?Thanks!...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key does not show up in Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key does not show up in Microsoft account: I want to reset the Windows OS on my PC laptop. For this, I need to access its Bitlocker recovery key. However, although I know the login for the Microsoft account associated with the PC, no recovery keys are shown when I go to aka.ms/myrecoverykey. The PC is shown as a...
  5. BitLocker recovery key from Microsoft was rejected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker recovery key from Microsoft was rejected.: Bitlocker locked me out after I changed the bad CMOS battery. Found the Bitlocker recovery key from Microsoft but rejected after keying in. Need the correct recovery key from Microsoft. Where to find it ?...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key Windows 10 Home: Hi, I have a DELL XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10 Home edition. Yesterday windows pushed some updates and now my laptop is not even starting, it comes with a blue screen asking for Bitlocker recovery key which never existed as its a home edition. How can I solve this? Even if...
  7. BitLocker recovery keys for Windows 10

BitLocker recovery keys for Windows 10: Dear all I seemed to have performed some diagnostics on my Inspiron laptop and the next thing was this nag of a BitLocker recovery keys. The laptop came preinstalled with the Windows and I knew about backup of the keys. Device Tag: 6DD33P2 Will appreciate your help....
  8. Bitlocker on Windows 10 "Home" version?

Bitlocker on Windows 10 "Home" version?: Laptop is a DELL Inspiron 15-3576 bought new on 19th Nov. 2018. It has Windows 10 Home (64-bit) OS installed on a 256GB SK Hynix SC311 SATA SSD. I am surprised to find Bitlocker installed because I did not think it was installed on “Home” versions of Windows 10. I thought it...
  9. windows 10 BitLocker key and BitLocker recovery key

windows 10 BitLocker key and BitLocker recovery key: i got a dell laptop, and while it got problem on thrn on, i sent it to repair. after i get it back, i tried to open it but i was asked a BitLocker key or a BitLocker recovery key which i have got no idea about and i have never set anything like this. i am having no idea about...
  10. BitLocker Recovery Key - Not having one

BitLocker Recovery Key - Not having one: I'm doing this on behalf of my step Grand Daughter. She has a Lenovo Ideapad with Surface 6 from 2016. She did a recent Windows Up-date and since then the 'BitLocker Recovery' has been on the screen from startup. Gone all through the process of trying to get the 48...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update causes bitlocker recovery