Windows 10: Does Windows 10 in S mode block additional hard drives/SSDs?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 in S mode block additional hard drives/SSDs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, 8GB RAM, and 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD (but BestBuy.com listed it as a 1TB HDD) for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/realsmart987, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Does Windows 10 in S mode block additional hard drives/SSDs?

I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, 8GB RAM, and 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD (but BestBuy.com listed it as a 1TB HDD) for relatively cheap. I was already planning to upgrade it to a 1TB SSD so I'm not too upset at the lie or mistake.

I added in the 1TB SSD but Windows doesn't see it. I checked BIOS and it doesn't appear there either. I can't tell if this is a hardware or software problem. I can't tell if this is Lenovo's, Microsoft's, or my fault.

submitted by /u/realsmart987
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/realsmart987, Oct 28, 2020
  2. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Oct 28, 2020
  3. crownele Win User
    Hard drives listed as SSD drives

Upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro.

Have 2 Hard drives in Raid 1 set up.

Win 10 lists these drives as SSD drives in System Properties.

How do I change the listing of these drives to HD so I can optimize them?

crownele, Oct 28, 2020
  4. cll33 Win User

Does Windows 10 in S mode block additional hard drives/SSDs?

additional SSD

Can not access recently functioning additional SSD. Have pics, documents and etc on drive. Was working, the following morning turned on computer and I suddenly cant access the drive. suggestions?

cll33, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Does Windows 10 in S mode block additional hard drives/SSDs?

1. Does Windows 10 in S mode block additional hard drives/SSDs? - Similar Threads - Does mode block

2. Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade: I have recently discovered that on a Surface device of my parent's seemingly no function updates have ever been installed. I don't know whether it never worked or when it stopped working, but the device is stuck on 1909 and Windows update complains that there are missing...
  3. Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade: I have recently discovered that on a Surface device of my parent's seemingly no function updates have ever been installed. I don't know whether it never worked or when it stopped working, but the device is stuck on 1909 and Windows update complains that there are missing...
  4. Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Saving to an additional internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving to an additional internal hard drive: My current desktop running Windows 10 has 2TB of storage. I work with rather large files and there are a lot of them. I installed an additional internal 2TB hard drive. I thought I had changed the setting to have all new content saved onto the new drive, but it still saves...
  6. Saving to an additional internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving to an additional internal hard drive: My current desktop running Windows 10 has 2TB of storage. I work with rather large files and there are a lot of them. I installed an additional internal 2TB hard drive. I thought I had changed the setting to have all new content saved onto the new drive, but it still saves...
  7. Saving to an additional internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. using additional virus protection with s mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    using additional virus protection with s mode: What anti virus program can I install on this windows computer that has S mode for additional protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-additional-virus-protection-with-s-mode/1c4ae55a-48af-408d-800e-36caee5a9d29
  9. Windows 10 s mode blocking internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 s mode blocking internet: Hi all so im getting frustrated with this bullsh*t update from windows now. Nothing was wrong last night then i load up the pc after updates this morning and im in windows s mode. The internet just will not connect. I can connect fine to my router and phone and a hotspot but...
  10. Unable to search for files on additional hard drives - Specifically where additional drives...

in Cortana
    Unable to search for files on additional hard drives - Specifically where additional drives...: I have had this problem for countless months where Windows 10 refused to search my additional drives, despite them being indexed. The many steps to fix the problem, both in this community and others did not resolve the issue. If they did, it was always temporary eg. changing...