Windows 10: Does Windows 10 Need Antivirus Software?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 Need Antivirus Software? in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; A matter of some debate is whether or not you actually need a third party antivirus program for Windows 10. This is because Windows 10 comes with its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

Does Windows 10 Need Antivirus Software?

A matter of some debate is whether or not you actually need a third party antivirus program for Windows 10. This is because Windows 10 comes with its own Windows Defender antivirus software. The question is whether or not it’s enough for protecting your computer. The short answer is yes, for most people. The long [...]

The post Does Windows 10 Need Antivirus Software? appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Does Windows 10 Need Antivirus Software? capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Does Windows 10 Need Antivirus Software? - Similar Threads - Does Need Antivirus

2. Antivirus software needed or not?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus software needed or not?: Hello,I have Windows 10 on my computer systems and I also haveNorton 360 installed, Norton slows computer systems downas I am sure everyone knows.Question is: do I need second party antivirus software on my PC'sif I am using Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10...
  3. Antivirus software

Antivirus software: Do I need to install McAfee antivirus software on my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-software/3667e4d1-d994-4275-83fb-11cefce745b7
  4. Does Windows10 require antivirus software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows10 require antivirus software?: I have an antivirus(Quick Heal) software installed because I had got a 3-year subscription for a very cheap price. But I have read that Windows10 particularly doesn't require antivirus software and Windows defender is sufficient. My subscription is ending and my laptop has...
  5. I need an Antivirus Software!

I need an Antivirus Software!: I need an antivirus software for my laptop,so i want to know the one that will meet my laptop's standard.So which antivirus software can i download for my: HP Laptop-Windows 7 OS Service pack 1 Processor Type: IntelR CeleronR CPU 430 @1.73GHz Installed MemoryRAM: 1.50GB...
  6. antivirus software

antivirus software: Having used Norton, then McAfee and most recently Bitdefender in WIndows 10, I am back to Windows Defender. The vendors are apparently in a battle to add features, including VPN and backup, taking on wifi monitoring, and generally making it more difficult for me to work. I am...
  7. Antivirus software

Antivirus software: Does Windows 10 need antivirus software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-software/e19871f3-f6a6-46f2-8952-e907b32d914c"
  8. Antivirus software

Antivirus software: Do I need to buy antivirus software to protect my laptop computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-software/3b20fd6e-b571-4331-8735-ee96256c299a"
  9. Does Win 10 need an antivirus

Does Win 10 need an antivirus: Hi all, I've recently installed Win 10 x64. It has Windows Defender which is a built-in anti virus as you know. Now my question is, do I need to install another Anti virus too? If yes, what do you recommend please? And will that new one work alongside with the built-in...
  10. Windows 10 & Antivirus Software

Windows 10 & Antivirus Software: Windows 10 seems to be just what the programmers have said it would be. It seems fairly stable so far. The only real issue I have run into in the last 24 hours is antivirus related. Microsoft assured the public that the upgrade would not disable or uninstall current,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows 10 need antivirus software

2. does windows 10 need a virus program

3. norton on windows

4. does windows 10 need an antivirus program,
  5. does windows phone 10 needs antivirus,
  6. cabnt install norton av on windows 10,
  7. Show me how to install Norton Anti virus,
  8. norton antivirus for surface pro 6,
  9. windows 10 need antivirus or not