Windows 10: Does Windows 10 retain after factory reset?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 retain after factory reset? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,I have inbuilt installed windows 10 HOME edition on my Asus laptop. I check and the license was OEM. I want to change some things on my laptop and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Aditya Ubarhande, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Does Windows 10 retain after factory reset?

Hi,I have inbuilt installed windows 10 HOME edition on my Asus laptop. I check and the license was OEM. I want to change some things on my laptop and I need to factory reset it.I have got two questions:1. How to do factory reset?2. Will my windows 10 be on the laptop even after the factory reset? By factory reset, I mean to just erase all data on my disk and not erase windows 10. How do I do it?Thanks Aditya Ubarhande

:)

Aditya Ubarhande, Jun 4, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jun 4, 2021
  3. rickaysen Win User
    Factory Reset After Windows 10 Upgrade

I have a small laptop running Windows 8 that I'd like to give to a friend after I install Windows 10. If I do a factory reset to remove all my stuff, will it retain Windows 10 or will it revert back to 8?

rickaysen, Jun 4, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

Does Windows 10 retain after factory reset?

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Does Windows 10 retain after factory reset?

1. Does Windows 10 retain after factory reset? - Similar Threads - Does retain factory

2. Password does not work after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password does not work after a factory reset: My laptop had some issues, so I decided to fix it, but it didn't. As a result, my password was not working I have tried almost every method I have found to log into my computer. It keeps saying I have the wrong password, I actually use a pin to log in, so it's weird that it...
  3. Password does not work after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password does not work after a factory reset: My laptop had some issues, so I decided to fix it, but it didn't. As a result, my password was not working I have tried almost every method I have found to log into my computer. It keeps saying I have the wrong password, I actually use a pin to log in, so it's weird that it...
  4. Password does not work after a factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware?: I might have gotten some malware on my 1month old pc. I have tried using malwarebytes and windows defender to scan for any viruses but both came up negative. However, since both were free software I was still skeptical. I was extremely paranoid because I might have just gave...
  6. Windows 10 Not Working After Factory Reset

Windows 10 Not Working After Factory Reset: I recently factory wiped and chose to delete everything on my Windows 10 laptop, but after it reached 100% and restarted it kept resetting after the spinning dots went around once, and then as soon as the next first one or two dots it would black screen and do it over and...
  7. Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset: My Asus K53 laptop originally shipped with Windows 7. I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 while it was available. Due to issues with Office 365 I had to carry out a factory reset on the machine and of course I am now back on Windows 7. No - I didn't record...
  8. Lost windows 10 after factory reset

Lost windows 10 after factory reset: Hi I have a Dell laptop with Windows 8 originally installed. I had installed windows 10 on it. After I factory reset with windows, 10 installed it turned back on and got back windows 8.1 So is it possible to get windows 10 back? I tried installing again using...
  9. Win 10 does not work after factory reset

Win 10 does not work after factory reset: I did a factory reset on my Lenovo Laptop. The first issue I had after it finished cleaning the drive was 'other user' login. I got around this and managed to establish administrator login. The next problem I have is he following error message:...
  10. Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset

Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset: Microsoft says I wont need a product key to reinstall windows 10 on the same device after a factory reset but a few days ago my PC crashed after a critical windows update. I did a factory reset then went back to Microsoft and used the media creation tool, selected upgrade...