Windows 10: Does Windows 10 Search index Windows 10 Mail?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 Search index Windows 10 Mail? in Cortana to solve the problem; I've searched and have been unable to get a clear answer on whether Windows 10 Search indexes email within the Windows 10 Mail app. I know it indexes... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ggwells, Apr 16, 2020.

1. ggwells Win User

Does Windows 10 Search index Windows 10 Mail?

I've searched and have been unable to get a clear answer on whether Windows 10 Search indexes email within the Windows 10 Mail app. I know it indexes Outlook mail but I don't want to rely on yet another mail client just so it can index email within a desktop search.

:)

ggwells, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Windows 10 Mail app and Index Search

Hi Bahrudin,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you have
    the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with search and indexing of files and folders. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check the status of the issue. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Does Windows 10 Search index Windows 10 Mail? - Similar Threads - Does Search index

2. Windows 10 not searching or indexing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not searching or indexing: No indexing, so I sfc /scannow ,dism etc, rebuild, re-ran windows 20H2,restoro,restore, and still indexing will not come around. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-searching-or-indexing/db14f97d-377c-4769-8105-3edae83ce2b5
  3. Windows 10 mail search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail search: Hi, When I search for an email using the online facility, a list of related emails appears. However when I select the email I would like to open, it opens and closes immediately and then all the other emails that were available in the search open and close automatically. So...
  4. Windows 10 Search Indexing does not search my Start Menu Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search Indexing does not search my Start Menu Programs: So as the title says my Windows Search doesn't search through my start menu programs. This issue started yesterday out of nowhere. Recent changes I've done to my laptop recently are: - Formatted my laptop (1 week ago) - Ran every script in GitHub -...
  5. Windows 10 Explorer Search Indexing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Explorer Search Indexing: I want to exclude the path in my file searches. Is there a way to turn this off? And if not, is there a way to always search by file "name" and not by any other criteria by default?...
  6. Windows 10 search index not running

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search index not running: Have tried running DISM, SFC and CHKDSK Have searched all over internet and have tried everything I have seen so far. I just can't get the file indexing to run....
  7. windows 10 search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows 10 search and indexing: Search is not working in File Explorer Windows 10. When I use Control Panel for Indexing Options I have no one included location after very long waiting. Nothing changed here after I use Rebuild in Advanced: no included location again. I did Stop and Restart of Windows Search...
  8. How to fix Windows 10 Search Index that does not appear to relocate?

in Cortana
    How to fix Windows 10 Search Index that does not appear to relocate?: How do I fix the Windows 10 Search Index that does not appear to relocate? I had the index on a non-OS hard drive and used Indexing Options to point to a new folder on a SSD. When I boot the pc, the old folder on the hard drive is recreated. I checked the path in Indexing...
  9. how does indexing affect searches in win 10?

in Cortana
    how does indexing affect searches in win 10?: how does indexing affect searches in win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-indexing-affect-searches-in-win-10/5899b53e-cdb8-47d8-976e-0eb91cb0a6ce"
  10. Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 How to Reset and Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. The index uses the Windows Search service and runs as the Searchindexer.exe process in...