Windows 10: Does WIndows 10 security/diagnostics include something like CCleaner?

Discus and support Does WIndows 10 security/diagnostics include something like CCleaner? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am looking to learn if Windows 10 has a diagnostic or security that cleans the operation files as CCleaner does.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RWDarnell, Nov 13, 2018.

1. RWDarnell Win User

Does WIndows 10 security/diagnostics include something like CCleaner?

I am looking to learn if Windows 10 has a diagnostic or security that cleans the operation files as CCleaner does.

:)

RWDarnell, Nov 13, 2018

2. CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Nov 13, 2018
  3. CCleaner hacked

I use Windows 7 and 10. CCleaner hasn't been relative in well over 10 years. If ever. Its a security blanket to most now.

TheMailMan78, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Does WIndows 10 security/diagnostics include something like CCleaner? - Similar Threads - Does security diagnostics

2. Does enablement package include security patches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does enablement package include security patches: Hello MS, all our devices never been updated since Sept 2022. Currently we are planning to updates to 22h2 via enablement package. Does this enablement package include the latest security patches? If no, after i upgrade to 22h2, do i need to install all the monthly security...
  3. Does enablement package include security patches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does enablement package include security patches: Hello MS, all our devices never been updated since Sept 2022. Currently we are planning to updates to 22h2 via enablement package. Does this enablement package include the latest security patches? If no, after i upgrade to 22h2, do i need to install all the monthly security...
  4. Does enablement package include security patches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does Windows 10 also have something like "service" on macOS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows 10 also have something like "service" on macOS?: On macOS, a service lets you perform some actions on selected text or a selected file. Usually, you can select text or a file and choose a service via the context menu or the Share menu. submitted by /u/shiningmatcha [link] [comments]...
  6. does this look like something is wrong?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    does this look like something is wrong?: Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2 Date: 9/17/2021 7:24:07 PM Event ID: 4097 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-4OGGHSU Description: Successful auto update of third-party root certificate:: Subject:...
  7. Does anyone still use tune up utilities like CCleaner?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does anyone still use tune up utilities like CCleaner?: Does CCleaner still do a better job than Windows cleanup tools? 174418
  8. Something about CCleaner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something about CCleaner: So they added this new "healthcheck" feature and WHENEVER I do that it always says that there is 1 tracker to remove. I click it, it gets removed and when I start over that 1 tracker stays there. Help? submitted by /u/treeclapper084 [link] [comments]...
  9. WARNING: CCleaner does it again!

WARNING: CCleaner does it again!: THE LATEST CCLEANER INSTALLS AVAST SOFTWARE EVEN IF YOU TELL IT NOT TO Yesterday I downloaded and installed the latest CCleaner installer. When I ran it I was careful to uncheck the option to install the Avast ant-malware software. THe installation ran fine and everything...
  10. Ccleaner - Secure Deletion (Overwritting)

Ccleaner - Secure Deletion (Overwritting): Hi! I want to always Permanently Delete (Shred) files and folders on my PC so that no one can recover those data. Now I heard for a program called Eraser which allows us to shred files/folders by clicking right click of mouse on the files/folders and then choosing Shredding...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there somthing like ccleaner for windows

2. something like ccleaner

3. something like reimage or ccleaner for windows 10

4. does windows 10 include ccleaner