Windows 10: Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings

Discus and support Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am not IT savvy. I have an HP laptop using Windows security features. I recently found a number of open ports on my laptop after a security scan. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TravisThompson6, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings

I am not IT savvy. I have an HP laptop using Windows security features. I recently found a number of open ports on my laptop after a security scan. I read how to go to advanced settings to set rules to close ports. When I went to advanced settings I found tons of rules that had already been created that I clearly did not create being this was the first time I had ever entered advanced settings. Is this normal? I don't know if I should reset all advanced security settings / rules or are there rules that were created when I downloaded an app etc. that will mess up operations on my computer?

:)

TravisThompson6, Oct 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Oct 20, 2021
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. Junaid_A Win User

Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings

Junaid_A, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings

1. Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings - Similar Threads - Does security preset

2. Windows defender firewall Advance Security Inbound outbound Rules Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender firewall Advance Security Inbound outbound Rules Settings: How to? Windows security setup inbound, outbound for Blocking Mostly Advertisers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-advance-security-inbound/5eb780cc-610d-421f-bd3f-b7ea49c7fb6b
  3. Windows defender firewall Advance Security Inbound outbound Rules Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender firewall Advance Security Inbound outbound Rules Settings: How to? Windows security setup inbound, outbound for Blocking Mostly Advertisers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-advance-security-inbound/5eb780cc-610d-421f-bd3f-b7ea49c7fb6b
  4. Windows defender firewall Advance Security Inbound outbound Rules Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings: I am not IT savvy. I have a HP laptop using Windows security features. I recently found a number of open ports on my laptop after a security scan. I read how to go to advanced settings to set rules to close ports. When I went to advanced settings I found tons of rules that...
  6. Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 10 security have preset rules in advanced settings: I am not IT savvy. I have a HP laptop using Windows security features. I recently found a number of open ports on my laptop after a security scan. I read how to go to advanced settings to set rules to close ports. When I went to advanced settings I found tons of rules that...
  7. Users advanced security settings

Users advanced security settings: I was in file explorer and opened the file users. 3 users came up. Mine, public and guest. Then I clicked on the properties of say public. It then bought up a screen and I clicked advanced settings and then clicked on find now. I clicked ok and a list of over 30 users came up...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall, advanced settings, filter rules

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Firewall, advanced settings, filter rules: What should the settings be for the filter ? It has a New Rule, It has Filter Profile, There is a Filter State, There is a View and a Refresh ! Then there is an Export list with a Help listing under that ? This is for the Connection Activity Rule Actions . I don,t believe...
  9. Advanced Security Settings

Advanced Security Settings: I am receiving an error msg concerning Skype "Another program is using this file" I cannot access windowsapps. In Advanced Security Settings, I cannot change my access level to "Full" I am logged in as administrator but my access is not "Full". Also there are a number of...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security -- Connection Security Rules

Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security -- Connection Security Rules: I have a scenario that is really confusing me. I recently switched from a 3rd party personal firewall provider to using Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security. I'm not very familiar with it so I decided to do some experimenting. I wanted to play with Connection...