Windows 10: Does windows(10/server-2016) have privileged ports ?

Discus and support Does windows(10/server-2016) have privileged ports ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can bind to any un-used privileged ports with out admin credentials. Is this expected ? Is there no concept of privileged ports in new versions of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SleepyLord, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Does windows(10/server-2016) have privileged ports ?

I can bind to any un-used privileged ports with out admin credentials. Is this expected ? Is there no concept of privileged ports in new versions of windows ?

Below are the steps I followed:

1. Logged in as non-admin user in Windows-server 2016.
    2. Installed python and started the server on port 80 using python -m SimpleHTTPServer 80
    3. Another user on the same system could access using http://localhost

Can anyone provide more in-sight into this ?

:)

SleepyLord, Feb 14, 2019

2. Windows 2016 Nano Server

Hi ,

Can we hibernate the windows 2016 Nano server .

What are the steps to proceed with it.

What are the steps to create nano server with bare metal process.

Thanks

NKG

Nitin K Gupta, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Exchange Support For Windows Server 2016

Exchange Support For Windows Server 2016

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...s-server-2016/

Cluster Head, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Does windows(10/server-2016) have privileged ports ?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Does windows(10/server-2016) have privileged ports ?

1. Does windows(10/server-2016) have privileged ports ? - Similar Threads - Does server 2016

2. App using serial ports runs on Win10, Server 2016 but not Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App using serial ports runs on Win10, Server 2016 but not Server 2019: I have an app that uses several serial port and runs fine on Win10, Server 2016 but not Server 2019. The app reads the device info for the port and uses that info to identify the device connected to the port. On Win10 and Server 2016, the query returns the device info but on...
  3. Having Trouble Updating Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having Trouble Updating Windows Server 2016: Hi, Ihave been trying to update my Windows Server 2016, But its giving me a hardtime. 1. Tried Get Updates in Windows Settings- Its Seraching for eternity.2. Tried updating manually- Searching for update on this computer and struck there.3. SFC Scannow in Cmd promt- Struck in...
  4. Does it cost to upgrade windows server 2016 to server 2019?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does it cost to upgrade windows server 2016 to server 2019?: Do I need to pay to upgrade windows server 2016 to 2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-it-cost-to-upgrade-windows-server-2016-to/2fdefc6b-d1d9-4629-95d3-b0c5f3fe2f22
  5. Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Server 2016: I've inherited some problems at a new employer related to Windows Server 2016. I know Server 2012 and older pretty well, but not 2016. The problem is that something is killing Admin Control. Admins can still log in, but things that require Admin Elevation or just admin...
  6. user does not have access privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user does not have access privileges: Split from this thread about Office for Mac Hi, Alex, I have the "user does not have access privileges" on two directories on my Windows 10 laptop, running 1809. 1903 has not rolled out to my laptop yet. I have worked with online techs. We reloaded OneDrive and synched....
  7. Port Security in Windows Server 2016

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port Security in Windows Server 2016: in my domain server 2016 after using net stat we figured out many open udp ports and also port 0 is open my question is we want to gain more secured environment so what are the list of must be open ports in tcp and in udp in order to gain secured an stable working...
  8. Windows 10/ Server 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10/ Server 2016: Win10/Server 2012, 2016 are so freaking painful to work with. I am not happy with MS at all! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-server-2016/d311abdc-d1fb-4f39-b9b7-8943624e0dac
  9. Windows (10 and Server 2016) having issues with static IPs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows (10 and Server 2016) having issues with static IPs: I have repeatedly encountered a strange behavior on both Windows 10 and Server 2016. On systems with a static IP, after a reboot, sometime the adapter comes up with a self-assigned IPv4 address (169.254.x.x). When you check the adapter's properties, the static is still set,...
  10. Does Windows Server 2016 Datacenter have wlanapi.dll?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does Windows Server 2016 Datacenter have wlanapi.dll?: VPN UNlimited newest version crashes on startup if it doesnt find wlanapi.dll. My Windows Server 2016 Datacenter doesn't have wlanapi.dll in system32. From google queries, it seems this is not supposed to happen. Also IMO it's really unprobable for a barely modified Azure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows have ports