Windows 10: Does Windows 10 spy on Virtualbox?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 spy on Virtualbox? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm installing virtualbox on windows 10, and will be running kali linux for Pen testing. With all the issues with windows 10 sending info back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Doctor_CHilders, May 20, 2020.

1. Does Windows 10 spy on Virtualbox?

I'm installing virtualbox on windows 10, and will be running kali linux for Pen testing. With all the issues with windows 10 sending info back to microsoft about the user activity, I'm wondering if windows 10 can see all the actions being taken in virtualbox and is it logging those actions.

Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/Doctor_CHilders
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Doctor_CHilders, May 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2020
  3. natr0n Win User
    natr0n, May 20, 2020
  4. PuB_Evo Win User

Does Windows 10 spy on Virtualbox?

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

Does Windows 10 spy on Virtualbox? DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Does Windows 10 spy on Virtualbox?

1. Does Windows 10 spy on Virtualbox? - Similar Threads - Does spy Virtualbox

2. Does Windows spy on which websites I visit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows spy on which websites I visit?: I visit a specific page on my own website using a Chrome browser. After a few minutes, when I was looking at the visit logs on the site, I noticed a Bing and Yandex IP that visited the exact same page I visited before. This page was not known to anyone and I didn't share this...
  3. Does Windows spy on which websites I visit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows spy on which websites I visit?: I visit a specific page on my own website using a Chrome browser. After a few minutes, when I was looking at the visit logs on the site, I noticed a Bing and Yandex IP that visited the exact same page I visited before. This page was not known to anyone and I didn't share this...
  4. Does it stop spying on me?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does it stop spying on me?: When I set to "0 - Security [Enterprise Only]" in gpedit.msc, does it stop spying on me and does it stop data collection? I am using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC version 1809 [img] 176919
  5. privacy - Is windows spying on me, is a hacker spying on me?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    privacy - Is windows spying on me, is a hacker spying on me?: Whenever I connect to wifi, I hear some static or white noise in the background that persists at random times, turning off and on. I hear it on my headphones. When I disconnect from wifi, the sound desists completely. Is windows spying on me, is a hacker spying on me?...
  6. Anti-Spying Tools for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti-Spying Tools for Windows 10: I wondering of all those Anti-Spying Tools for Windows 10 are actually do anything beside give you a malware ?! I personally don't believe we can stop all the telemetry of Windows 10 but those who design those anti spying programs claim otherwise ..!!! what is your...
  7. Windows 10 on VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 on VirtualBox: I have installed my retail copy of Windows 10 on my main desktop. But before I did this I did the upgrade from Windows 8.1 and then converted the install.esd file into an iso. How can I activate this virtualbox copy? I thought it would have accepted the key from Windows...
  8. Does Windows 10 Mail spy on us?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Windows 10 Mail spy on us?: I like the new GUI of all Windows 10 apps. I would really like to use Windows 10 mail app (heck, even sexy Cortana too), but I really don't want my conversations being recorded, whether spoken or typed, by Microsoft. Privacy is the only thing holding me back from using...
  9. Is MS spying on us in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Is MS spying on us in Windows 10: Hi All, Wondering if anyone else happen to discover this. I upgraded the laptop first on July 30th and then on 31st I upgraded my desktop. Today wife was browsing Windows 10 on the laptop to get familiar and found a pic in the 'Photo" folder that was taken from the desktop...
  10. Cortana: The spy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana: The spy in Windows 10: Cortana: The spy in Windows 10 [img] Credit: Pixabay Cortana, Windows 10’s built-in virtual assistant, is both really cool and really creepy By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols Computerworld | Aug 15, 2016 4:00 AM PT When I first saw Mr. Spock talking to the...