Windows 10: does windows 10 store version number in a file?

Discus and support does windows 10 store version number in a file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have created a backup image of windows 10 via macrium reflect.. Now I need find out what version of windows is the image. So does it store windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by madmax2, Jul 23, 2019.

1. madmax2 Win User

does windows 10 store version number in a file?

I have created a backup image of windows 10 via macrium reflect..
    Now I need find out what version of windows is the image.

So does it store windows version number in a file I can open to view?

I can mount the image and can browse the files in that image.

:)

madmax2, Jul 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. does windows 10 store version number in a file? - Similar Threads - does store version

2. Windows version number

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows version number: Where do I find out the current version number of my copy Windows 10? It used to be easy to find it under System. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-version-number/c609e266-2b26-460e-8b3b-eb70769d84f9
  3. Refresh Windows 10 with Correct Version Number

Refresh Windows 10 with Correct Version Number: After creating the ISO file and opening it into IE, I started Setup.exe but resulted in a message as follows: [ATTACH] The drive it is running from indicates DVD Drive H: ESD-ISO after launching from Windows Manager. Can anybody make any suggestions what I have missed or...
  4. view windows 10 version number?

view windows 10 version number?: How do I find wIndows 10 version number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-windows-10-version-number/6e10260e-1a08-4d45-80d2-111163023eb9
  5. Where else does windows 10 store files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where else does windows 10 store files?: Hello.. I am trying to find out where else windows stores temp files/unused files. For example.. when i open an excel spread, it saves it in the location i save it and also like 3-4 other locations such as temp, %temp%, %appdata% and Microsoft folders. My question is...
  6. Does Windows 10 Version 1809 Still Delete Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Windows 10 Version 1809 Still Delete Files: I have recently got a new computer and transferred my old files onto the computer. In the meantime, my computer received update 1809 near January 6 2019. I don't believe any of my files have been erased. Is this an ongoing threat or do files only get erased while updating? Or...
  7. windows version number

windows version number: Hi folks, How do I find the windows version number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-version-number/546d9f8f-a512-44c0-a515-c1b0acc112e6
  8. Windows Mail Version number

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Version number: How can I tell if I got the Aug 19, 2015 update to the mail app? Where is the version number of the updates found? 18156
  9. Does Windows 10 Version 1511 Corrupt System Files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does Windows 10 Version 1511 Corrupt System Files?: Hello, My wife has a Lenovo ThinkPad X230 (Type 2306-CTO) that shipped with Windows 7 and has been successfully upgraded to Windows 10. It has been running Windows 10 (retail release plus updates) smoothly for a couple months. Yesterday (11 Dec 2015) my wife ran the...
  10. Find Windows 10 Version Number

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Windows 10 Version Number: How to: Find Windows 10 Version Number How to Find Windows 10 Version Number This tutorial will show you how to find and see what the version number of the installed Windows 10 is on your PC. Windows 10 version history and Windows 10 release information Version...