Windows 10: Does Windows 10 support multiple Windows Hello cameras?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 support multiple Windows Hello cameras? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2, which has a built-in IR camera and have it configured to use Windows Hello. It works great when I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by chorne, Aug 4, 2019.

1. chorne Win User

Does Windows 10 support multiple Windows Hello cameras?

Hello,

I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2, which has a built-in IR camera and have it configured to use Windows Hello. It works great when I'm using my Surface Book as a laptop. I also have a Surface Dock with 2 monitors, keyboard and mouse setup. When I connect my Surface Book to the Surface Dock, I do so with the laptop closed and simply press the power button to use the Surface Book with the laptop screen closed - IR camera not available.

Can I add another IR camera that supports Windows Hello via USB to be used when I have my Surface Book connected to my Surface Dock, whereby, Windows will use the "dock-connected" IR camera and not the built-in camera in the laptop?

Thanks,

Chris

:)

chorne, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 4, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

DRDNA, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Does Windows 10 support multiple Windows Hello cameras? - Similar Threads - Does support multiple

2. hello does not recognise camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello does not recognise camera.: hello says camera not compatible on my dell xps 15 7590. dell says camera ok is w11 issue. checked driver etc. also have dell xps 17 which i be;leive has same camera and thats ok...
  3. hello does not recognise camera.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello does not recognise camera.: hello says camera not compatible on my dell xps 15 7590. dell says camera ok is w11 issue. checked driver etc. also have dell xps 17 which i be;leive has same camera and thats ok...
  4. Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?: Help! The Windows hello camera doesn't come on when I try to set it up. I have the latest build of Windows 11.*Moved from Windows insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-come-on-for-windows-hello/6eb12017-f8c8-4eaf-9fdf-08b8b680995c
  5. Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?: Help! The Windows hello camera doesn't come on when I try to set it up. I have the latest build of Windows 11.*Moved from Windows insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-come-on-for-windows-hello/6eb12017-f8c8-4eaf-9fdf-08b8b680995c
  6. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Camera: Hi. So I updated my windows last night. One of those periodic windows updateI’m not sure which one but I could check. Afterwards I haven’t been able to use my windows facial recognition to sign in. On the Lock Screen I get the “getting ready” option and then nothing happens....
  7. Windows Hello Face Camera does not turn on.

Windows Hello Face Camera does not turn on.: Ok, the drivers are updated. Hello Face used to work. Removed it. Camera doesn't come on to do a scan.Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-camera-does-not-turn-on/30a8e7bb-4a4d-4103-a881-b749bd1f4177
  8. How to set default camera for Windows Hello? - Windows Hello multicamera support on Windows...

How to set default camera for Windows Hello? - Windows Hello multicamera support on Windows...: Hi all,On the new release of Windows 10 21H1 one new feature is Windows Hello multicamera support.See here for more information: Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 Windows Experience BlogHaving installed the recent version 21H1 on my Surface...
  9. 21H1 fix for external Windows Hello camera support?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    21H1 fix for external Windows Hello camera support?: Can anyone confirm if 21H1 (currently Dev or Beta branch) actually fixed the issues with external Windows Hello cameras when connected to a laptop with a built-in Windows Hello camera? I updated to the latest Beta build (not Dev) as it was supposed to have the fix, but when...
  10. Windows 10 Hello - Upside Down Camera Support?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Hello - Upside Down Camera Support?: I have a Logitech Brio webcam. Windows Hello works fine when the camera is mounted normally. However, because of my podcasting setup requirements, I need to mount the camera upside down. I'm unable to get Hello working when the camera is mounted upside down. I've tried: 1...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 multiple cameras

2. windows hello multiple cameras

3. windows hello in windows 10 multiple cameras