Windows 10: Does Windows 10 upgrade support HDMI right off the bat? (My Laptop screen is mashed)

Discus and support Does Windows 10 upgrade support HDMI right off the bat? (My Laptop screen is mashed) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So it's taken its sweet ass time upgrading and now it's done the visual install and rebooted. I have no idea what's going on now, if it's on a DOS boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr_Monstro, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Does Windows 10 upgrade support HDMI right off the bat? (My Laptop screen is mashed)

So it's taken its sweet ass time upgrading and now it's done the visual install and rebooted. I have no idea what's going on now, if it's on a DOS boot page or what? It's just a blank screen with no HDMI support.

Updating from Windows 7.

submitted by /u/Mr_Monstro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mr_Monstro, Oct 29, 2020

2. Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Does Windows 10 upgrade support HDMI right off the bat? (My Laptop screen is mashed)

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Does Windows 10 upgrade support HDMI right off the bat? (My Laptop screen is mashed)

1. Does Windows 10 upgrade support HDMI right off the bat? (My Laptop screen is mashed) - Similar Threads - Does upgrade support

2. Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?: Hello Comunity?I have a problem with my graphics AMD Radeon R5. With the updated driver the laptop freezes for a second every 3/4 second aaaaaaallllll the time!!!Imagine having a computer that freezes every 3 seconds for 1 second, nonstop. It's very frustrating. You cant do...
  3. Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?: Hello Comunity?I have a problem with my graphics AMD Radeon R5. With the updated driver the laptop freezes for a second every 3/4 second aaaaaaallllll the time!!!Imagine having a computer that freezes every 3 seconds for 1 second, nonstop. It's very frustrating. You cant do...
  4. Does Microsoft Basic Display Adapter support HDMI?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. hdmi connection off screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi connection off screen: Hi,I recently plugged in my laptop windows 11 to a small tv 22 inches and the edges of the screen are not being displayed.Does anyone know how to fix this?photo below, sorry for low qualityThanks, Jack....
  6. hdmi connection off screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdmi connection off screen: Hi,I recently plugged in my laptop windows 11 to a small tv 22 inches and the edges of the screen are not being displayed.Does anyone know how to fix this?photo below, sorry for low qualityThanks, Jack....
  7. My laptop does not turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop does not turn off: After the May 2020 update I started having this problem again. I can still change the lights in my keyboard, but only to the default ones not dependant to the software that configures them. Thanks in advance....
  8. My laptop does not support miracast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop does not support miracast: I installed win.10 on my acer extensa 5620 last month, with the intent to use it to project films on my smart tv, which has wireless display. The project button to duplicate screens lights up, but my device (TV) is not shown when I try connect. I checked and have no...
  9. windows 10 - right side of screen is cut off

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 - right side of screen is cut off: windows 10 - right side of screen is cut off. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-right-side-of-screen-is-cut-off/e9371c03-ffb4-4e27-8dbc-b477f5a53085
  10. Hack/Bat/Crack to truly TURN OFF laptop??

in Windows 10 Support
    Hack/Bat/Crack to truly TURN OFF laptop??: windows 10 seems to have exacerbated the tendency of last few years for hybrid systems to never Turn OFF completely... lots of threads, few remedies, and systems of various makes/architectures are afflicted. This condition renders many laptops/tablet/hybrids a liability for...