Windows 10: Does Windows 10 warn users of failed arrays in Windows Storage Spaces?

Discus and support Does Windows 10 warn users of failed arrays in Windows Storage Spaces? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently started using Windows Storage Spaces for RAID 1 protection of some of my data. I have been unable to determine if and how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ocman76, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Ocman76 Win User

Does Windows 10 warn users of failed arrays in Windows Storage Spaces?

Hello,

I have recently started using Windows Storage Spaces for RAID 1 protection of some of my data. I have been unable to determine if and how Windows Storage Spaces warns a user of any sort of failure to an array. Is this built in or would it be best to use another software to assist in monitoring arrays and checking for any issues?

Thanks!

:)

Ocman76, Sep 24, 2019

2. Does Windows 10 warn users of failed arrays in Windows Storage Spaces?

See my 1st post, Zabbix for example, but scheduled Powershell script is much simpler Does Windows 10 warn users of failed arrays in Windows Storage Spaces? :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snapshot taken during 2nd tier repair process (yes, it is necessary to add disks to one tier only and repair each tier separately to avoid the dreaded "Return Code: The configuration database is full." error):

Does Windows 10 warn users of failed arrays in Windows Storage Spaces? [​IMG]

All done, both the RAID1 and RAID6 tiers are OK again. Tiered volume D: was fully accessible all the time, even during repair steps. But yes, "Windows storage spaces are very unreliable and break easily" if someone really really wants....

Does Windows 10 warn users of failed arrays in Windows Storage Spaces? [​IMG]

Cheers
    (it means Amanita - Wikipedia) _ *Nerd

muchomurka, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Ocman76 Win User

Hello,

I have recently started using Windows Storage Spaces for RAID 1 protection of some of my data. I have been unable to determine if and how Windows Storage Spaces warns a user of any sort of failure to an array. Is this built in or would it be best to use another software to assist in monitoring arrays and checking for any issues?

Thanks!

Ocman76, Sep 24, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Does Windows 10 warn users of failed arrays in Windows Storage Spaces? - Similar Threads - Does warn users

2. Storage Spaces USB Drive array - moving to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces USB Drive array - moving to a new computer: I have a Mediasonic 4-bay USB Drive enclosure that holds 4 x 4TB Seagate Drives. I have configured them to create a Storage Spaces pool with my Windows 11 computer. This pool is 14.5TB in size and I am using 8.48TB of it currently. When the Drives enclosure is connected to...
  3. Storage Spaces USB Drive array - moving to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces USB Drive array - moving to a new computer: I have a Mediasonic 4-bay USB Drive enclosure that holds 4 x 4TB Seagate Drives. I have configured them to create a Storage Spaces pool with my Windows 11 computer. This pool is 14.5TB in size and I am using 8.48TB of it currently. When the Drives enclosure is connected to...
  4. Storage Space Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Space Warning: Hi,A storage pool RAID1 has all of a sudden developed a warning, "reduced resiliency" and show which drive has the problem. When switching the two drives the problem is then switched too and the other drive now has the issue.Both drives are new Samsung 2TB SSD, around 6...
  5. Storage Space Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Space Warning: Hi,A storage pool RAID1 has all of a sudden developed a warning, "reduced resiliency" and show which drive has the problem. When switching the two drives the problem is then switched too and the other drive now has the issue.Both drives are new Samsung 2TB SSD, around 6...
  6. Windows Storage Spaces showing warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Storage Spaces showing warning: HiMy Windows Storage Spaces is showing a warning for low capacity. This is despite there being 11.2TB freeHow do i get rid of this alertSystems InfoWindows 10 Pro for Workstations10.0.19042 Build 19042...
  7. windows 10 update does not recognize USB storage space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update does not recognize USB storage space: I am doing windows 10 update on ideapad 1 I use a 30 GB USB stick to solve the low storage issue on C drive. The Update does not recognize there is an external storage space. So the update process is stuck there now. but the explorer recognizes there is 20 GB...
  8. Backing up Windows 10 pro with storage space array 4 drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up Windows 10 pro with storage space array 4 drives: I have Windows 10 pro computer with a 4 drive storage space array. I need backup software to back up the storage space. I would like to have both bare metal recovery capability and file and folder backup capability. Would the internal windows image program (Backup and...
  9. Windows 10 Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Storage Spaces: Question; Have a RAID 0 storage pool in Windows 10. The storage pool has 952 GB of usable space, it currently has 6.06 GB of space used. I ran a system clean-up which wrote data to securely erase empty hard drive space. Now I get a warning that my storage pool is full. I...
  10. Rebuilding Failed Parity/Mirror Storage Array Success Story

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rebuilding Failed Parity/Mirror Storage Array Success Story: Just wanted to post this to the internet since there are literally no other posts about this exact scenario, which I could see others running into. Short story - I lost 2 drives in a 4-drive parity array. I had a shotty storage spaces array in my home desktop comprising of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4522016 failure