Windows 10: Does Windows 11 keep running with TPM 1.2?

Discus and support Does Windows 11 keep running with TPM 1.2? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop has TPM 1.2 actually my laptop also supports TPM 2.0, unfortunately disabled by default in BIOS, secure boot, 4 GB ram, and as much as 105 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jian_469, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Jian_469 Win User

Does Windows 11 keep running with TPM 1.2?

My laptop has TPM 1.2 actually my laptop also supports TPM 2.0, unfortunately disabled by default in BIOS, secure boot, 4 GB ram, and as much as 105 GB storage capacity on C: disks. Can my laptop be upgraded to Windows 11 with TPM 1.2?

:)

Jian_469, Jul 11, 2022
  2. DaBaratna Win User

Win 11 - TPM 2.0

The AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics processor on my MSI B450 motherboard, is not on the Win 11 list due to the TPM 2.0 requirement. There is a 14 pin connector on the mother board to add a TPM module. Will adding a TPM 2.0 module to the motherboard meet the Win 11 requirement? Thank you.

DaBaratna, Jul 11, 2022
  3. Ethan.ASI Win User
    Issue after upgrading TPM firmware

Hello,

This is the update that I am trying to accomplish: Update your security processor (TPM) firmware

However after completing the steps that are listed within this article I am still not able to complete the actual upgrade. I still have the pop up that states i need to upgrade.

I followed the following steps:

1. ensure all upgrades are up to date.

2. download the specific .EXE firmware update file and run it on my machine as an administrator

3. clear TPM and restart.

however simple these steps are I have not been able to complete the update.

I am on a HP Z240 SFF 1.2 TPM

What can I do to ensure that my TPM is updated to the latest firmware?

Ethan.ASI, Jul 11, 2022
  4. I3V
    i3v Win User

TPM Console Error 0x8007007A

PS.

1. I've also just tried to uninstall the TPM device, like suggested
      here.
    2. I've also just tried

Code:
    $tpm = gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm$tpm.SetPhysicalPresenceRequest(6)
    as suggested
    here
    and
    here

Nothing changed.

Here's some additional info, just-in-case:

Code:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm__GENUS                     : 2__CLASS                     : Win32_Tpm__SUPERCLASS                :__DYNASTY                   : Win32_Tpm__RELPATH                   : Win32_Tpm=@__PROPERTY_COUNT            : 10__DERIVATION                : {}__SERVER                    : MY-PC-NAME__NAMESPACE                 : root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm__PATH                      : \\MY-PC-NAME\root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm:Win32_Tpm=@IsActivated_InitialValue    : TrueIsEnabled_InitialValue      : TrueIsOwned_InitialValue        : TrueManufacturerId              : 1112687437ManufacturerIdTxt           : BRCMManufacturerVersion         : 7.11ManufacturerVersionFull20   : Not SupportedManufacturerVersionInfo     :PhysicalPresenceVersionInfo : 1.0SpecVersion                 : 1.2, 2, 1PSComputerName              : MY-PC-NAMEPS C:\WINDOWS\system32> get-tpmTpmPresent                : TrueTpmReady                  : TrueManufacturerId            : 1112687437ManufacturerIdTxt         : BRCMManufacturerVersion       : 7.11ManufacturerVersionFull20 : Not Supported for TPM 1.2ManagedAuthLevel          : FullOwnerAuth                 :OwnerClearDisabled        : FalseAutoProvisioning          : EnabledLockedOut                 : FalseLockoutHealTime           : Not Supported for TPM 1.2LockoutCount              : Not Supported for TPM 1.2LockoutMax                : Not Supported for TPM 1.2SelfTest                  : {128, 159, 126, 96}

Thema:

1. Does Windows 11 keep running with TPM 1.2? - Similar Threads - Does keep running

2. Does Windows 11 keep running with TPM 1.2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 keep running with TPM 1.2?: My laptop has TPM 1.2 actually my laptop also supports TPM 2.0, unfortunately disabled by default in BIOS, secure boot, 4 GB ram, and as much as 105 GB storage capacity on C: disks. Can my laptop be upgraded to Windows 11 with TPM 1.2?...
  3. TPM 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TPM 2: One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?...
  4. TPM 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2: One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?...
  5. TPM 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Does windows 11 support the tent mode on a 2-in-1 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows 11 support the tent mode on a 2-in-1 laptop?: I've seen the documentation state Tablet Mode is removed from Windows 11 and new functionality and capability is included for keyboard attach and detach postures. I don't use the tablet mode but always use the tent mode on Windows 10. I can't find any clarification on support...
  7. Does windows 11 support the tent mode on a 2-in-1 laptop?

Does windows 11 support the tent mode on a 2-in-1 laptop?: I've seen the documentation state Tablet Mode is removed from Windows 11 and new functionality and capability is included for keyboard attach and detach postures. I don't use the tablet mode but always use the tent mode on Windows 10. I can't find any clarification on support...
  8. TPM 2 Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2 Not Recognised: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 Main Board 4mb RamASUS GeForce GT710 2GB Video CardASUS said my board and video card are compatible with Windows 11. I updated the drivers for both. TPM 2 is enabled, but Microsoft doesn't recognise it....
  9. TPM 2 Not Recognised

TPM 2 Not Recognised: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 Main Board 4mb RamASUS GeForce GT710 2GB Video CardASUS said my board and video card are compatible with Windows 11. I updated the drivers for both. TPM 2 is enabled, but Microsoft doesn't recognise it....
  10. Windows 11 TPM 2 Supports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 11 TPM 2 Supports: Hello it's support tpm 2.0 on h81m-dgs on your motherboard ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-tpm-2-supports/29b64571-8963-4a2c-a5dd-410278808670