Windows 10: Does Windows 11 Reset PC via Cloud download remove malwares and viruses?

Discus and support Does Windows 11 Reset PC via Cloud download remove malwares and viruses? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 11 and trying to reset my PC using the Cloud download option. I am removing everything during the reset. Does this remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nethsky, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Nethsky Win User

Does Windows 11 Reset PC via Cloud download remove malwares and viruses?

Hi, I am using Windows 11 and trying to reset my PC using the Cloud download option. I am removing everything during the reset. Does this remove malwares and viruses? Thanks.

:)

Nethsky, Oct 17, 2022
  2. Vineet_K Win User

Reset your PC using cloud download fails

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in resetting PC using cloud download option

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model number of your PC?
    • What happens when you select cloud download option for reset?
    • Do you get any error while trying to reset PC using cloud?
    • Do you use Wi-Fi or wired connection for internet?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    Please provide more information regarding the issue

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to perform a clean installation of Windows on PC, you can refer the section Clean install of Windows 10 using installation media from the article Reinstall Windows 10

Note: Performing a clean installation will remove all the applications/programs. Hence before doing that, please backup your important data at least on an external hard disk

If you are unsure about performing any steps, we do have videos for the same, you can watch the videos and perform the steps.

Refer: How to Clean Install Windows 10 on a PC Step-by-Step Guide

Additional information:

Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud

Windows Insider

Let us know how it goes, we would be glad to help you further

Vineet Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Vineet_K, Oct 17, 2022
  3. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Oct 17, 2022
  4. faisalreb Win User

How to remove malware or viruses from my Windows 10 PC

How to remove malware or viruses from my Windows 10 PC

faisalreb, Oct 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Does Windows 11 Reset PC via Cloud download remove malwares and viruses? - Similar Threads - Does Reset via

2. Reinstalling Windows 11 to remove virus / Malware.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 11 to remove virus / Malware.: I recently inserted an unknown USB into my PC. Now I think that my PC is infected.So I want to reinstall windows.Should I just go to the settings and click on "Reset PC". Will that suffice?Or should I download windows iso from web and reinstall manually?What do you recommend?...
  3. Reinstalling Windows 11 to remove virus / Malware.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows 11 to remove virus / Malware.: I recently inserted an unknown USB into my PC. Now I think that my PC is infected.So I want to reinstall windows.Should I just go to the settings and click on "Reset PC". Will that suffice?Or should I download windows iso from web and reinstall manually?What do you recommend?...
  4. Does Windows 11 Reset PC via Cloud download will remove malwares and viruses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 Reset PC via Cloud download will remove malwares and viruses?: Hi, I am using Windows 11 and trying to reset my PC using the Cloud download option. I am removing everything during the reset. Does this remove malwares and viruses? Thanks....
  5. Does Windows 11 Reset PC via Cloud download will remove malwares and viruses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 11 Reset PC via Cloud download will remove malwares and viruses?: Hi, I am using Windows 11 and trying to reset my PC using the Cloud download option. I am removing everything during the reset. Does this remove malwares and viruses? Thanks....
  6. Does Windows 11 Reset PC via Cloud download remove malwares and viruses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 Reset PC via Cloud download remove malwares and viruses?: Hi, I am using Windows 11 and trying to reset my PC using the Cloud download option. I am removing everything during the reset. Does this remove malwares and viruses? Thanks....
  7. Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware?: I might have gotten some malware on my 1month old pc. I have tried using malwarebytes and windows defender to scan for any viruses but both came up negative. However, since both were free software I was still skeptical. I was extremely paranoid because I might have just gave...
  8. Remove Viruses and malwares

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Viruses and malwares: Does removing all files and reinstalling windows 10 remove viruses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-viruses-and-malwares/613ca87a-cf46-416e-bb94-1aeeec48b11a
  9. Malware/Virus Removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware/Virus Removal: I ran my command prompt through the advanced start up option to find malware or infected files in my system. The command prompt I ran was as follows: 1. C: 2. -s -h -r /s /d *.* 3. dir I received multiple access denied notifications along with numerous “The target...
  10. Does clean restarting your whole PC remove Viruses and malware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does clean restarting your whole PC remove Viruses and malware?: submitted by /u/JuneManAlex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiwgsd/does_clean_restarting_your_whole_pc_remove/