Windows 10: Does Windows 11 with TPM prevent boot loaders?

Discus and support Does Windows 11 with TPM prevent boot loaders? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I did something bad with my router and I think I might have been hacked. Trying to assess and decide how to proceed.It used to be that malware could... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkTiede, Aug 5, 2022.

1. MarkTiede Win User

Does Windows 11 with TPM prevent boot loaders?

I did something bad with my router and I think I might have been hacked. Trying to assess and decide how to proceed.It used to be that malware could get into the boot process somehow and you could only get it fixed in safe mode or some such. It that still the case? Or if I do a reinstall Windows without losing data, would it fix such problems if boot record is still an issue on 11?

:)

MarkTiede, Aug 5, 2022
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

How do I remove the Linux Boot Loader?

You don't actually uninstall a boot loader but replace it with another.

You cannot get Ubuntu to start on a Windows' boot loader, it needs to be GRUB (or an open source equivalent).

Any ways, to get the Windows' boot loader back up, you need to insert your WIN7 installer disk and select the repair option>startup repair. I am assuming the WIN7 will use a similar setup menu as VISTA.

Follow the guide here for step by step intructions: Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD

After that, just format the partition/disk that ubuntu is on...

3. MilkyWay Win User
    issues with Boot Loader

esaay bcd has a repair boot loader and other boot loader options, its saved me back when i removed my second hard drive

MilkyWay, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Does Windows 11 with TPM prevent boot loaders?

Move Boot Loader?

I installed Ubuntu Karmatic Koala on a partition utilizing some free space i had on a 320GB drive (which also is where i store my files. I have 160GB hardrive with windows 7 on it and the boot loader for grub. I want to wipe the 160GB harddrive so i can use it for storage but doing so will erase my boot loader making the harddrive unbootable. What should i do?

*Bang Head :banghead:

sonnytiger, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Does Windows 11 with TPM prevent boot loaders?

1. Does Windows 11 with TPM prevent boot loaders? - Similar Threads - Does TPM prevent

2. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive: My M.2 NVMe Win10 boot disk is no longer recognized as a boot disk. In the motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E BIOS the drive is correctly recognized mfgr and size. But the BIOS does not see a Boot Loader on it Under Boot Priority I expect to see Windows Boot Manager and is is...
  3. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive: My M.2 NVMe Win10 boot disk is no longer recognized as a boot disk. In the motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E BIOS the drive is correctly recognized mfgr and size. But the BIOS does not see a Boot Loader on it Under Boot Priority I expect to see Windows Boot Manager and is is...
  4. Boot Loader not Found on Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. GRUB boot loader on Windows 11 system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GRUB boot loader on Windows 11 system: I have a system that was previously installed with Ubuntu and now has Windows 11. Unfortunately it seems to still use the GRUB boot loader when booting initially. I've tried repairing the MBR using win11 installation media but this has not had any affect. Any suggestions?...
  6. GRUB boot loader on Windows 11 system

GRUB boot loader on Windows 11 system: I have a system that was previously installed with Ubuntu and now has Windows 11. Unfortunately it seems to still use the GRUB boot loader when booting initially. I've tried repairing the MBR using win11 installation media but this has not had any affect. Any suggestions?...
  7. Windows 11 Secure Boot and TPM 2.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Secure Boot and TPM 2.0: When I enable Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 on my computer I don't get a signal to my monitor and my computer won't post. I just got a new motherboard and don't want to risk enabling these settings on my computer because it might not give a signal again. Although I tried clearing...
  8. Windows 11 Secure Boot and TPM 2.0

Windows 11 Secure Boot and TPM 2.0: When I enable Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 on my computer I don't get a signal to my monitor and my computer won't post. I just got a new motherboard and don't want to risk enabling these settings on my computer because it might not give a signal again. Although I tried clearing...
  9. Boot Loader

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Loader: I have a HP Z220 workstation (got it off of Amazon), and I'm so interested in booting off of a M.2 SSD. I found a paper on this called Clover-EFI bootloader method, and it sounds like it works. Here's my problem, I do know a little bit about programming, but not familiar with...
  10. Windows 10 Boot Loader Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Boot Loader Issue: After the recent Windows 10 update, my computer will not boot. It just goes to a blank screen. The only way I have found to get in is to go into the bios boot loader and tell it which drive to boot from. Weird is that although it is saved to that same drive in the bios, but...