Windows 10: Does Windows Defender Antivirus supports audit mode instead of blocking mode?

Discus and support Does Windows Defender Antivirus supports audit mode instead of blocking mode? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to enable antivirus only in auditing mode so all threats are logged but not blocked.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by r0x0t, Sep 22, 2020.

1. r0x0t Win User

Does Windows Defender Antivirus supports audit mode instead of blocking mode?

I want to enable antivirus only in auditing mode so all threats are logged but not blocked.

:)

r0x0t, Sep 22, 2020

2. Audit mode

Hi Diane,

Windows boots into Windows Welcome Mode and Audit Mode. Windows Welcome Mode
    is the first user experience while the Audit mode is used to add customization to Windows images. Sometimes, Windows keeps running in Audit Mode and user has no idea about it, just like in your case. While your machine is running Audit
    Mode when upgrading or reinstalling Windows 10, the upgrade won’t progress.

Here's how to exit from Audit mode to reinstall Windows 10:

• Open the administrative or elevated Command Prompt. Type cmd in the
      Search
      field at the taskbar.
    • Type the following command and press Enter key: sysprep /oobe /generalize
      DISCLAIMER: Running sysprep command each time resets Windows licensing state to default. So if your Windows is activated and you run this command, you’ll need to reactivate Windows after executing this command.

• Once the command IS successfully executed, you’ll be out of Audit Mode. Now you can re-try to upgrade to Windows 10 and it should work.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 22, 2020
  3. what is audit mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Audit Mode on your PC.

Usually, Audit mode is used to add customization to Windows images. Sometimes, Windows keeps running in Audit Mode and user has no idea about it, just like in your case. While your machine is running Audit Mode when upgrading
    or reinstalling Windows 10, the upgrade won’t progress.

Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to exit Audit mode:

1. Now press Windows +
      S key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :

sysprep /oobe /generalize
    5. Close the command prompt window.

DISCLAIMER: Running sysprep command each time resets Windows licensing state to default. So if your Windows is activated and you run this command, you’ll need to reactivate Windows after executing
    this command.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Katrin Win User

Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep  

Hi,

I have the same Problem like CanadianGooses with the Search-Bar using the LTSB-Release and the audit-mode.

(Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Page 32 - Windows 10 Forums)

But only, if the image is deployed as a part of a iso-file. How do you deploy your wim-file? Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks und greetings from Germany - .

Katrin, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Does Windows Defender Antivirus supports audit mode instead of blocking mode? - Similar Threads - Does Defender Antivirus

2. HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry change does not save in Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry change does not save in Audit Mode: I am preparing a Lenovo Flex 4 laptop for Windows Out of Box Experience (OOBE). Looks like Lenovo's default touchpad driver configuration is misconfigured such that two finger tap (right click) does not work. I found setting the registry under...
  3. Safe Mode Windows Defender Blocked.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe Mode Windows Defender Blocked.: I had previously installed a virus which i now removed however it blocked off the Windows Defender when accessing safe mode is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Masonington2 [link] [comments]...
  4. Audit mode

Audit mode: How do I get out of audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audit-mode/806c0874-884f-479b-8ddb-dee09d104dc4
  5. What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?: [ATTACH]Have you ever wondered how OEMs deploy Windows 10 OS with their own set of apps and drivers? Or how does the recovery partition helps […] This article What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  6. what is audit mode

what is audit mode: my win 10 won't install because it's in audit mode. what is audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-audit-mode/d0b1a6aa-be1e-4abb-b82b-1a3e54675033
  7. Audit Mode and Robocopy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audit Mode and Robocopy: So today I had an interesting issue. I had a data transfer from an old hard drive to a newly purchased system. It wasnt my system, else I would've follow windows oobe and then transfered the files. Instead, i hit control+shift+F3 to enter audit mode and then I opened PS as...
  8. Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Sysprep Reboots back into Audit mode instead of OOBE: IT, trying to create a backup image using macrium although my issues are just for sysprep, At the moment i am just trying to figure things out, so I am installing windows 10 education on SSD (computer has a ssd and a hardrive) then boot into windows and on the first screen...
  9. Updating Windows 10 in Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating Windows 10 in Audit Mode: We have a Windows 10 WIM configured with the required software. When I pull down the pre-Syspreped image (which was captured while in Audit Mode), I am unable to use Windows Update to patch the image. How are you folks handling the updates to your gold Windows 10 images?...
  10. Sysprep and Audit Mode questions

Sysprep and Audit Mode questions: I'm noticing some stuff when running sysprep on an image: - I uninstalled OneDrive in Audit Mode, but after generalization it comes right back? Any way to keep it uninstalled? - Windows Updates seemingly gets undone after going to OOBE, and some drivers got reverted as...