Windows 10: Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?

Discus and support Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My protection history was filled forever, to the point it would sometimes crash if I opened it and now it's all cleared does windows automatically... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DoomerDaMan, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?

My protection history was filled forever, to the point it would sometimes crash if I opened it and now it's all cleared does windows automatically clear protection history?

:)

DoomerDaMan, Jun 7, 2022
  2. Majulook Win User

Windows Defender Protection History - Unable to remove threat entry

In another thread....

Majulook, Jun 7, 2022
  3. vicf1 Win User
    Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Jun 7, 2022
  4. Time Lady Win User

Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?

Windows defender protection history is missing

Hi, have you had any other help yet?

I have another suggestion, check under filter to see what’s set, if there’s a show all then select that.

See if anything is listed under here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service

Defender will automatically remove entries after 30 days anyway so unless you’re checking regularly there may be 0 entries shown due to this.

Time Lady, Jun 7, 2022
Thema:

Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?

1. Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history? - Similar Threads - Does Defender Automatically

2. How to remove a Protection History report from Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a Protection History report from Windows Defender?: My Windows Defender detected malware. Since it stated the exact location of the threat, I remove it manually.However, since it is already listed on Windows Defender active threat, Windows Defender provides options for what I want to do with the threat.Choosing 'Remove' or...
  3. How to remove a Protection History report from Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a Protection History report from Windows Defender?: My Windows Defender detected malware. Since it stated the exact location of the threat, I remove it manually.However, since it is already listed on Windows Defender active threat, Windows Defender provides options for what I want to do with the threat.Choosing 'Remove' or...
  4. Defender Protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Protection history: Hello!I deleted my protection history.I know this may sound stupidBut will defender still detect threats?I deleted the contents of service file and not the service file itselfI don't know much about tech.Thank you:...
  5. protection history in windows defender closed automatically

protection history in windows defender closed automatically: my protection history in windows defender closed automatically. how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-history-in-windows-defender-closed/4a107571-572d-4323-b0ca-0955cc8c86dc
  6. Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?

Does Windows Defender Automatically remove protection history?: Hi,I've scanned two things in the past as malware thanks to Windows Security one of which were a false positive - came from a game called Genshin Impact that is attached to cache files, and the other you can see from my post history Bluteal!A. Today, I went to see my...
  7. How to remove Protection history of Windows Defender

How to remove Protection history of Windows Defender: Hello, I had some apps, which were blocked by Windows Defender. This was totally fine for me. In my protection history I can see 5 apps from the last half year, which were blocked and removed Status: Removed. The last one is from beginning of February. When I start my...
  8. Windows Defender protection history

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender protection history: I want to know something about Windows Defender protection history. I looked up how long it would stay and the result was that the default is 30 days. I'm talking about when you go to Settings > Virus and Threat Protection > Protection History. It has been 30 days since the...
  9. Windows Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Protection History: Recently, Defender notified me my computer had the Trojan virus. I went to Defender to do a scan and to get rid of that. After that, I did a full scan. Now, when I go to Protection History, it keeps crashing. I don't know whats happening. Someone help....
  10. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: Hi guys, i need your help, as i am having an issue here since around 2 weeks ago. when you go to the Windows Defender --> Virus & Threat Protection --> Ransomware Protection --> Block history is missing and showing blank page. Same is if you go to Windows Defender -->...