Windows 10: Does windows defender defend against malware?

Discus and support Does windows defender defend against malware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I am Suman Saha. I am a newbie in the Digital Marketing field and going to start my new WordPress blog site. In that case, I have to assure about... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SumanSaha1, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Does windows defender defend against malware?

Hi.

I am Suman Saha. I am a newbie in the Digital Marketing field and going to start my new WordPress blog site. In that case, I have to assure about the security of my website and computer as it will be my source of earning. I want to know about the malware security of windows defender which is the free antivirus with windows 10. Is it able to protect from malware which can come from several clicks of different websites? I know it can damage the security of my computer and my website also. Please inform me. Thanks in advance.

:)

SumanSaha1, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

According to Windows Defender DDU has Malware in it.

Add DDU to the exclusion list either from there or the settings for Defender. Then you'll be fine. I've used DDU for years, and as-long-as you downloaded it from a reputable source you should be fine. If they offer MD5 hash checks that might be worth doing to make sure though if you're concerned your version is malicious.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=Windows+Defender+how+to+whitelist

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

Microsoft’s very own antivirus software, Windows Live OneCare, was recently found to be failing Vista users, and now the same has been discovered for its free anti-spyware application. In tests carried out by Australian company Enex Testlab, Windows Defender struggled to detect just half of the malware which it was tested with, with the quick scan finding missing most of the malware and the full scan finding only 53.3%. It would be best to note that the test was financed by competing company PC Tools, which claims the test was unbiased, although the winning software (detecting 88.7% of malware) was PC Tools’ very own Spyware Doctor. Windows Defender was released as a final version in October 2006, so it is relatively new and of course (being free) costs less than Spyware Doctor.

Source: Techworld.com

Jimmy 2004, Apr 4, 2019
  4. trparky Win User

Does windows defender defend against malware?

What the hell, windows defender?

Yep, I agree with you on that one. If you have no anti-malware software installed and you've turned off Windows Defender you are a threat to the whole public Internet. This goes for not installing patches as well, if you haven't installed patches then your ISP should turn your Internet off until you have done so.

trparky, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Does windows defender defend against malware?

1. Does windows defender defend against malware? - Similar Threads - Does defender defend

2. Microsoft Defender or Malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender or Malware?: When Microsoft Defender updates I get a blue screen that reads "Do Not Turn Off Comupter. Updating" and I lose control of my mouse and can't shut off from Task Manager. Is this normal or do I have malware appearing as Microsoft Defender?...
  3. Defender detected malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender detected malware: Hi,in my environment the file 7zG.exe got deployed automatically to 100+ devices not manually or not from SCCM- not sure how it got deployed the defender has detected malware in it due to this, we have received 100+ alert generated for the same and still continuing.does this...
  4. Windows Defender does not remove malwares

Windows Defender does not remove malwares: Hello, I am using Windows 8.1. Every time I scan my laptop, Windows Defender detects these malwares : Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C48 VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.C Trojan:Win32/Malex.gen!E Trojan:Win32/BlueTeal!rfn All of them show as severe active threats. When I...
  5. Does Windows Defender protect me against hackers/spying?

Does Windows Defender protect me against hackers/spying?: I've recently become pretty paranoid about my PC's security. I've run multiple full scans that came up negative. I'm still slightly concerned about my security online. How good is Windows Security at protecting me against hackers? Does it secure my webcam and make sure...
  6. Does Windows Defender protect against malware with all browsers?

Does Windows Defender protect against malware with all browsers?: I have Windows 10 on my desktop. I have had Malwarebytes working on this computer since 2013. Suddenly, it will no longer open but it is still installed. I have no idea why this has happened and have had trouble getting help from Malwarebytes. Does Windows Defender...
  7. Is Microsoft Defender providing protection against "SaveThQueen" malware?

Is Microsoft Defender providing protection against "SaveThQueen" malware?: Hello, Is Microsoft Defender providing protection against "SaveThQueen" malware? Thanks, Florina https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-defender-providing-protection-against/b16f50af-8b6c-4091-9c0b-649eb46c58de"
  8. Suddenly the defender has lost its power to truly defend against malware/phishing etc

Suddenly the defender has lost its power to truly defend against malware/phishing etc: Dear Windows Defender Team Last evening from where I received this unique offer of $ 1 for brand new iPhone and the system froze after the initial splurge that"you are selected amongst Microsoft users and special offer for only 100 persons, who will complete the entry...
  9. Windows Defender Provides Powerful Protection Against Malwares According to Recent Research

Windows Defender Provides Powerful Protection Against Malwares According to Recent Research: There are many discussions that whether Windows Defender is doing a good job in protecting you against malwares or it is just a basic protection and you will need to purchase another Anti-Malware product? Everyone has right to select whatever Anti-Malware they wish to use for...
  10. Windows Defender claims malware

Windows Defender claims malware: Just by starting up I.E., Windows defender claims that it is taking action to clean delete malware. I have ran WD, Malwarebytes etc with no problems. Antisuperspyware claims "Trojan agent/gen-downloader" and adware.dealply/variant claims they were removed. Subsequent runs no...