Windows 10: Does Windows Defender NOW Require using One Drive to Backup

Discus and support Does Windows Defender NOW Require using One Drive to Backup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Says I must set up One Drive to backup files for a remedy to Ransomware. In my 25+ years experience with Microsoft, they are Not Qualified or inclined... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Slippery, May 23, 2019.

1. Slippery Win User

Does Windows Defender NOW Require using One Drive to Backup

Says I must set up One Drive to backup files for a remedy to Ransomware. In my 25+ years experience with Microsoft, they are Not Qualified or inclined to provide security for anything. Cheeessse! I have their public portal bookmarked from the dialup days when they took a turn at being an ISP. It was not pretty then or now.They are the source of most of my malware, trojans and worms, etc, because they Do Not Screen Ads at all. It's the wild west on that portal. However, you ask, why go there? Well, of course, it's because they have my favorite collection of News, Sports, Politics, Comedy, etc. Also, they are an excellant test of anti malware and anti virus. For example this, see attached, that I posted last week.
    I get along fine being responsible for my own security. Meaning, in my opinion, the big guys on the web don't need my help or information to expose me to any and all that is evil. THAT is what their greed has gotten us. So, I don't have any Cloud anything because most of them that will admit it, have been hacked. They are the targets these days, I'm not worth the trouble.

OK, false alarm. I'm so excitable these days, it turns out as I went back to the security center to better examine the problem that at the far bottom of the Ransomware Protection area there is one word. "dismiss" click that and real time antivirus is restored. So again CHEEESSSSE!

:)

Slippery, May 23, 2019
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, May 23, 2019
  3. Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 23, 2019
  4. Does Windows Defender NOW Require using One Drive to Backup

little cat, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Does Windows Defender NOW Require using One Drive to Backup

1. Does Windows Defender NOW Require using One Drive to Backup - Similar Threads - Does Defender Require

2. Is One Drive Now required in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is One Drive Now required in windows 11?: During the last windows update My Desktop, Pictures folder all somehow got moved to something like C:\Users\Name\OneDrive. I don't have one drive though. I always disabled and uninstalled it. Now I just get errors saying I can't access my files. Do I have to install One Drive...
  3. Is One Drive Now required in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is One Drive Now required in windows 11?: During the last windows update My Desktop, Pictures folder all somehow got moved to something like C:\Users\Name\OneDrive. I don't have one drive though. I always disabled and uninstalled it. Now I just get errors saying I can't access my files. Do I have to install One Drive...
  4. One drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive backup: Hello!,I want to back up my hard drive to one drive for windows 11 how do I?Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-backup/f6b4f330-7b91-4e66-8f1f-839488cc3644
  5. One drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive backup: Hello!,I want to back up my hard drive to one drive for windows 11 how do I?Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-backup/f6b4f330-7b91-4e66-8f1f-839488cc3644
  6. One drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Auto Backup to One Drive

Auto Backup to One Drive: I cannot stop One Drive from automatically backing up Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I have followed the instructions and unchecked the folders, yet the minute I close that window they are re-checked. If I had a rocket launcher......
  8. Does One drive use briefcase technology?

Does One drive use briefcase technology?: Can I set the "Always keep on this device" setting on the same file on 2 different devices? If I can, let's say I have 2 devices, A and B The files are all sychronised on February 1st On February 2nd I worked on the file on device A. I have no internet, so I did not...
  9. Is there automatic backup to One Drive?

Is there automatic backup to One Drive?: Howdy, I have just started using Windows 10. I cannot add my files to One Drive because I understand they would no longer be in a folder on the C drive. My new Win10 computer has an SSD to make file access faster, so I wouldn't want to be downloading them when opening,...
  10. One Drive Backup

One Drive Backup: Have not been able to get this service turned on. Any suggestions welcome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-backup/e2952cbc-7dc2-4067-b180-1ebe999463fc"