Windows 10: Does Windows Defender remove tracking cookies?

Discus and support Does Windows Defender remove tracking cookies? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Norton Lifelock removes tracking cookies periodically. I'm seriously thinking of ditching Norton in favor of Defender, but I need a way to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by x509, May 4, 2021.

1. x509 Win User

Does Windows Defender remove tracking cookies?

My Norton Lifelock removes tracking cookies periodically. I'm seriously thinking of ditching Norton in favor of Defender, but I need a way to automatically identify tracking cookies so I can remove them.

:)

x509, May 4, 2021
  2. x509 Win User

My Norton Lifelock removes tracking cookies periodically. I'm seriously thinking of ditching Norton in favor of Defender, but I need a way to automatically identify tracking cookies so I can remove them.

x509, May 5, 2021
  3. Ghot Win User

I don't think Defender deals with cookies, but I use Bitdefender Internet Security which takes command from Defender, so I'm not sure.

I don't know about automatically, but CCleaner can remove cookies (with the option to save some that you want).
    And every browser I've ever seen has a one click method for clearing the cache and removing cookies.

Ghot, May 5, 2021
  4. CoryMay Win User

Windows Defender 10 Tracking Cookies

Does Defender for Windows 10 remove unwanted tracking cookies. Some other anti-virus software plainly show you if it has removed any. I believe the tracking cookies sound like orphan cleanup, double click, and a lot of other funny names.

CoryMay, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Does Windows Defender remove tracking cookies? - Similar Threads - Does Defender remove

2. Does Windows Defender Removes Trojans?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Windows Defender Removes Trojans?: does window security remove trojans [Original Title: viruses] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-windows-defender-removes-trojans/8ffbd65e-03b3-4481-b63c-db4d9461139e
  3. New Chromium Edge installs tracking cookie ScoreCardResearch

New Chromium Edge installs tracking cookie ScoreCardResearch: Hi there, I decided to come here ask for help, because i'm sick of trying to solve this. Everytime i open Edge Chromium, it installs this tracking cookie. Thanks god my security software deletes it in every scan, but i have to scan everytime i restart edge. This is...
  4. Windows Defender does not remove malwares

Windows Defender does not remove malwares: Hello, I am using Windows 8.1. Every time I scan my laptop, Windows Defender detects these malwares : Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C48 VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.C Trojan:Win32/Malex.gen!E Trojan:Win32/BlueTeal!rfn All of them show as severe active threats. When I...
  5. Removing Cookies

Removing Cookies: how to remove tracking cookies [Original Title: cookies] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/removing-cookies/2b7be4fc-66fe-4e2c-9781-66fd6bcb2e43
  6. removing cookies in 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    removing cookies in 10: remove cookies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-cookies-in-10/222521b2-b2c4-47ff-8cbd-c6cf510101cd"
  7. CORTANA REMOVING COOKIES

in Cortana
    CORTANA REMOVING COOKIES: WILL DELITING COOKIES WITH CCLEANER HAVE A AFFECT ON CORTANA I JUST BOUGHT A INVOKE /CORTANA AND DONT WHANT TO CLEAR ITS MEMORY AND WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO GET CORTANA TO LEARN MORE AND WHAT ELSE SHOULDN'T I DELITE THANK YOU WAYNE AND HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY AND NEW...
  8. Are cookies tracking me?

in Browsers and Email
    Are cookies tracking me?: I use Google Chrome but I don't regularly clear my cookies so as a consequence I have a looong list of saved cookies. Is it possible that many of these sites that I don't even regularly visit are still tracking my web browsing? Should I consider clearing my cookies and making...
  9. Huge increase in tracking cookies caused by Win10

Huge increase in tracking cookies caused by Win10: My SUPERAntispyware (free) seems to do a better job than Norton at blocking tracking cookies. It blocked 7 or 8 a day on average on my Win7. It's just stopped 257 that have arrived in the past TWO days on my new Win10. Nearly everyone had the name Microsoft in its title....
  10. Tracking Cookies

Tracking Cookies: I am running ASC Internet Security, it finds 4 x tracking cookies every time it runs, 3 in IE and now one in FF too (just installed). It says it has 'fixed' them but they are there next scan. I also have spywareblaster running in the background, it cant see them at all. I...