Windows 10: Does Windows Defender Security on Windows 10 provide sufficient protection?

Discus and support Does Windows Defender Security on Windows 10 provide sufficient protection? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello: I see that Windows Defender Security in Windows 10 does have AV Anti-Spyware and Firewall capabilities. Running just this built in security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eliuri, Oct 8, 2018.

1. eliuri Win User

Does Windows Defender Security on Windows 10 provide sufficient protection?

Hello:

I see that Windows Defender Security in Windows 10 does have AV Anti-Spyware and Firewall capabilities.

Running just this built in security combination seems to make my PC operate more smoothly. But is third party software--other than occasional online scans--really necessary if those are functioning?

How does Windows Defender rank compared to other security suites? It's more an issue of optimizing and consolidating computer function and security than the cost of such 3rd party security suites for me.

Thank you

Windows 10 Home Edition: Version 1803

:)

eliuri, Oct 8, 2018
  2. whel66 Win User

Is Windows Defender sufficient to protect this computer?

What security is right? I may have too much, Windows Defender, Avg free and Telstra Online Security, which I had cancelled but

since my husband passed away they have put it back on. Is Windows Defender sufficient to protect this computer,

Acer Aspire E1-522 with Windows 10. I also have an Android tablet and I don't know if it has any security. Telstra charges $9.95 monthly and is supposed to cover all items that use internet. Could someone please advise me of my best options. Thankyou

[Original Title: security]

whel66, Oct 8, 2018
  3. BOW
    Bow Win User
    Windows Security

Is Windows Security, Fire Wall and Defender enough to protect a system? All I use it for is games, email, and some surfin the net.

4. Does Windows Defender Security on Windows 10 provide sufficient protection?

"Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Does Windows Defender Security on Windows 10 provide sufficient protection?

1. Does Windows Defender Security on Windows 10 provide sufficient protection? - Similar Threads - Does Defender Security

2. Windows Security, Settings, Security Providers, Manage Providers, Web Protection, No Providers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security, Settings, Security Providers, Manage Providers, Web Protection, No Providers.: I have Windows 11 S Mode.Windows Security suggests Finding Security Apps in the Microsoft Store.Has anyone with my Windows mode downloaded a security app from Microsoft Store. It is my understanding that if I download another security app, it may be in conflict with Windows...
  3. Windows Security, Settings, Security Providers, Manage Providers, Web Protection, No Providers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security, Settings, Security Providers, Manage Providers, Web Protection, No Providers.: I have Windows 11 S Mode.Windows Security suggests Finding Security Apps in the Microsoft Store.Has anyone with my Windows mode downloaded a security app from Microsoft Store. It is my understanding that if I download another security app, it may be in conflict with Windows...
  4. is windows defender a sufficient security program?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is windows defender a sufficient security program?: I am used to using mac laptops, and recently had to purchase a windows laptop, which surprisingly I am fairly happy with, found it on fb market place.... it is a Toshiba, and it needs the ram upgraded, but other than that is is really decent now that it finally finished doing...
  5. is windows defender sufficient with 1909

is windows defender sufficient with 1909: is windows defender sufficient for antivirus protection in version 1909? 168972
  6. Is Windows Defender sufficient?

Is Windows Defender sufficient?: Is Windows Defender (Windows 10) as good as the other free antivirus programs? Ist Windows Defender ausreichend?
  7. windows defender/security protection

windows defender/security protection: I have Windows Defender but unlike "antivirus" and "firewall" under "web protection" it states "no providers". Does this mean I have no web protection and need to download and install an app for web protection? Or is Windows Defender enough protection all alone?...
  8. Does Builtin Windows Defender provides Web Protection in Windows 10 1909 Pro 64Bit ?

Does Builtin Windows Defender provides Web Protection in Windows 10 1909 Pro 64Bit ?: On 15-11-2019, I did clean installation of windows 10 1909 pro 64bit, i found that windows defender does not provide WEB Protection. Instead windows tell to find compatible web protection software through microsoft store Does Builtin Windows Defender provides Web...
  9. Is Windows Defender Sufficient?

Is Windows Defender Sufficient?: is windows defender antivirus is enough to protect my pc ? [Original Title: security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-windows-defender-sufficient/f5d4e65f-de4d-42a9-bba4-fc38c8551d3e
  10. Is WINDOWS 10 Built in Security Sufficient?

Is WINDOWS 10 Built in Security Sufficient?: Hello All, I am preparing to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 560S (64 bit) and have a question about security. I know someone who has a degree in Network Administration (although he doesn't work in that field) who says that the built in firewall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows 10 security sufficient

2. ? free extra protection to run smoothly alongside Windows Defender on Windows 10

3. does have av & firewall protection

4. is windows 10s security sufficient,
  5. how to clear windows defender history in win 10 v1903,
  6. windows defender sufficient,
  7. does windows defencder provide antivirus and firewall protection,
  8. does defender windows 10 provide network security firewall,
  9. does windows defender provide firewall protection?,
  10. does window defender provide internet sceurity,
  11. does windows defender has antispyware,
  12. what protection does windows defender provide,
  13. i recently purchased an acer aspire with temporary Norton do I need a virus detection on my computer,
  14. can wise care 365 system protection run with windows defender