Windows 10: Does windows defender work on chrome?

Discus and support Does windows defender work on chrome? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does windows defender work on Chrome?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CAROLYN KAYCONOVER, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Does windows defender work on chrome?

Does windows defender work on Chrome?

:)

CAROLYN KAYCONOVER, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

According to Windows Defender DDU has Malware in it.

Add DDU to the exclusion list either from there or the settings for Defender. Then you'll be fine. I've used DDU for years, and as-long-as you downloaded it from a reputable source you should be fine. If they offer MD5 hash checks that might be worth doing to make sure though if you're concerned your version is malicious.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=Windows+Defender+how+to+whitelist

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Does windows defender work on chrome?

Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Does windows defender work on chrome?

1. Does windows defender work on chrome? - Similar Threads - Does defender chrome

2. windows defender does not work!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender does not work!: hi, my defender is locked an does not work at all and do not have any access to settings! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-does-not-work/090d2a83-76fd-4655-a1fc-d0e825520fbc
  3. windows defender does not work!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender does not work!: hi, my defender is locked an does not work at all and do not have any access to settings! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-does-not-work/090d2a83-76fd-4655-a1fc-d0e825520fbc
  4. windows defender does not work!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Does windows defender's web protection work for google chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does windows defender's web protection work for google chrome?: Or is it just for microsoft edge? submitted by /u/killerofpain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfl3gi/does_windows_defenders_web_protection_work_for/
  6. Does windows defender have web protection for chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does windows defender have web protection for chrome?: I was using Malwarebytes real time protection and accidentally turned off "web protection". But since I was using MB windows defender real time protection was also disabled. Does that mean there was a brief moment where my web browsers was not protected by neither software?...
  7. Does "MS Defender" work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does "MS Defender" work?: Dear Sir/Madam: Since I bought this PC w10, I use the build-in "MS Defender" for "AV" Today I check the"Defender": C:/Program File/Winders Defender/Offline/OfflineScannerShell.exe It says: OfflineScannerShell. exe System...
  8. Windows defender does not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender does not working: sir my windows defender does not work properly please give me solution of this problem the problem is that the pc is not being monitored because the app service stopped...
  9. does microsoft work for chrome?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    does microsoft work for chrome?: will microsoft work with chrome cause it doesn't seam to work at all i have no idea i downloaded it and it took like half an hour when i finish it said "please download a app on chrome webstore to use this" i do not know why its not working please help me out! Thank you *...
  10. Chrome does not work

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome does not work: I installed Windows 10 and started to use my chrome browser. I cannot download webpages, infinite waiting time after the first page shows, cannot scroll down or click on a link. It is like a frozen tab. I reinstalled Chrome, nothing changed. Two webpages fine, the third...