Windows 10: Does Windows force you to upgrade to a newer version?

Discus and support Does Windows force you to upgrade to a newer version? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Friend of mine on a Dell laptop (his business laptop) just got a message trying to schedule an "upgrade" to a newer version. This is kind of urgent. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taylor2021, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Does Windows force you to upgrade to a newer version?

Friend of mine on a Dell laptop (his business laptop) just got a message trying to schedule an "upgrade" to a newer version. This is kind of urgent. I knew that Microsoft forced updates upon us, but I had no idea they also forced version upgrades. Has anyone had any experience with this and if so, how (if possible) can you stop it from upgrading to another version of Windows? Thanks in advance.

:)

Taylor2021, Aug 2, 2021

2. Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version

Version upgrade for Windows 10 is free.

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 2, 2021
  3. M Wenger Win User
    Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10

What is the charge/cost to upgrade my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10 since it appears that I am running an older version of Windows 10 and keep getting promos to upgrade?

M Wenger, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Does Windows force you to upgrade to a newer version?

Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version

Can I upgrade from windows 10 to the newer version of windows when it comes for free?

Nehal Ranak, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Does Windows force you to upgrade to a newer version?

1. Does Windows force you to upgrade to a newer version? - Similar Threads - Does force upgrade

2. I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10: I have been trying for months and months to upgrade from Windows 10 Version 1803 Build10.0.17134. At the moment I am trying to install Version 22H2. The update downloads, and begins installing, but installation never completes. I have been unable to insert a screenshot of the...
  3. I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10: I have been trying for months and months to upgrade from Windows 10 Version 1803 Build10.0.17134. At the moment I am trying to install Version 22H2. The update downloads, and begins installing, but installation never completes. I have been unable to insert a screenshot of the...
  4. I can't upgrade to a newer version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why is upgrading to a newer version of windows always a downgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is upgrading to a newer version of windows always a downgrade?: I have been using dual monitors since it became possible, I don't know....windows 95 maybe? I have always had my taskbar on my secondary monitor ONLY. I have to imagine most people who game or watch a video full screen, want to do this on their main monitor, but also want to...
  6. Why is upgrading to a newer version of windows always a downgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is upgrading to a newer version of windows always a downgrade?: I have been using dual monitors since it became possible, I don't know....windows 95 maybe? I have always had my taskbar on my secondary monitor ONLY. I have to imagine most people who game or watch a video full screen, want to do this on their main monitor, but also want to...
  7. Windows 10 stuck on unsupported version; will not upgrade to newer version

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck on unsupported version; will not upgrade to newer version: If you find that your Windows 10 is stuck on a particular version, which is now unsupported and will not upgrade, here are suggestions that will help you upgrade to the next version. When you hover your mouse pointer over the Windows Update icon in the Taskbar, you may see a...
  8. Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version

Upgrading Windows 10 to a newer version: Can I upgrade from windows 10 to the newer version of windows when it comes for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-10-to-a-newer-version/e8ea567c-ad7d-4e21-a4ec-32e46471af24
  9. Log files created when you upgrade Windows 10 to a newer version

in Windows 10 News
    Log files created when you upgrade Windows 10 to a newer version: [ATTACH] [IMG]When Microsoft rolls an update for Windows 10, the upgrade process creates tons of log files in every step. These log files are useful for analysis if there is any Upgrade problem. While it may not find it easy to [...] This post Log files created when you...
  10. Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10

Upgrade to a newer version of Windows 10: What is the charge/cost to upgrade my laptop to a newer version of Windows 10 since it appears that I am running an older version of Windows 10 and keep getting promos to upgrade?...