Windows 10: Does Windows has no option to change the signal of the microphone to stereo or mono?

Discus and support Does Windows has no option to change the signal of the microphone to stereo or mono? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using xlr microphone with an audio interface and it works fine in all programs that I use I have no issue with that but the Camera App in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OnurUrşar, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Does Windows has no option to change the signal of the microphone to stereo or mono?

I'm using xlr microphone with an audio interface and it works fine in all programs that I use I have no issue with that but the Camera App in the Windows 10 records only to the left and there is no option to change its signal to mono

:)

OnurUrşar, Jan 14, 2021

2. Microphone is Mono but Sound is Stereo

Hi!

So I have a microphone that I use for gaming with friends and recording videos, but the problem is that the Microphone is Mono! (Blue Spark) The problem isn't the output, the problem is that the settings won't let me use the Mic in mono settings. It is always
    set to two channels and won't let the Microphone record on both sides, only the left.

Is there a way to change the input so that it records mono for my mic?

SnowPirate, Jan 14, 2021
  3. wb0gaz Win User
    Mono audio (ease of access) plus Listen to Microphone (audio control)

I wish to have my Windows 10 (20H2) machine listen to microphone (relay audio from sound input device to sound output device) and be in Mono audio mode (combine left and right input sound streams and send the combined result to both left and right output sound stream) at start-up.

The "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to take effect until after an (any?) application using windows sound is started. The "listen to microphone" setting IS in effect at start-up (however, the audio flow is still stereo, which is not intended.)

Here is the step-by-step:

1. Start Windows 10, no audio-based application running
    2. Ease of Access > Audio > Turn on Mono
    3. Sound Control Panel > Recording > (double click on) Microphone > Listen > [x] Listen to this Device

4. Reboot.

5. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting does not appear to be in effect (left and right audio channels are still distinct)

6. Start (any) windows sound application

7. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

8. Stop the windows sound application

9. At this point, the "Turn on Mono" setting DOES appear to be in effect (left and right channels are merged at input, and the merged audio is presented to both left and right audio outputs)

Repeatable beginning at step 4.

I imagine this is not intended behavior, and I'm wondering if it's an oversight in Windows 10?

Thanks for any advice or attempts to duplicate this sequence.

Dave

wb0gaz, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Does Windows has no option to change the signal of the microphone to stereo or mono?

windows convert microphone to mono

Is your Mic actually a mono mic or is it some kind of special mic that is supposed to be stereo? If you bought a mono mic, Windows will make it be mono.

Zackary Vanosdol, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Does Windows has no option to change the signal of the microphone to stereo or mono?

1. Does Windows has no option to change the signal of the microphone to stereo or mono? - Similar Threads - Does has option

2. Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game: Hello thereI have experienced that when I enter a game e.g. Counter-strike the sound change from stereo to mono. I am aware of all the typical fixes such as setting sound from mono to stereo in audio settings. It isnt working. I was wondering if I can force audio to play as...
  3. Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game: Hello thereI have experienced that when I enter a game e.g. Counter-strike the sound change from stereo to mono. I am aware of all the typical fixes such as setting sound from mono to stereo in audio settings. It isnt working. I was wondering if I can force audio to play as...
  4. Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. From stereo to mono all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From stereo to mono all of a sudden: Hi,I have a kz zsn pro headphones that I've been using from months in my front audio port. No problem at all, but, all of a sudden, it turned from mono to stereo over the night.How can I fix this?...
  6. From stereo to mono all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    From stereo to mono all of a sudden: Hi,I have a kz zsn pro headphones that I've been using from months in my front audio port. No problem at all, but, all of a sudden, it turned from mono to stereo over the night.How can I fix this?...
  7. From stereo to mono all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. System sounds are in mono and I want it stereo

System sounds are in mono and I want it stereo: Hello, I have tried Uninstalling my sound driver, updating my sound driver, I made sure the mono box wasn't on and the system sounds still play in mono....
  9. Stereo/mono output per device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo/mono output per device: I've got an old laptop with one damaged speaker that doesn't output any sound. I've found the mono audio setting in the accessibility settings, but that's system-wide. I want to be able to still get stereo audio from the headphone jack or HDMI, but I can't find anything in...
  10. windows convert microphone to mono

windows convert microphone to mono: windows convert microphone to mono https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-convert-microphone-to-mono/53da3db2-4f3e-41cb-a884-0def78750323