Windows 10: Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface?

Discus and support Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I would like to use my Logitech webcam on my gaming desktop to setup Windows Hello, but it keeps saying no compatible camera detected. Does Windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JeffreyMann1, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface?

I would like to use my Logitech webcam on my gaming desktop to setup Windows Hello, but it keeps saying no compatible camera detected. Does Windows Hello only work if you have a Surface?

:)

JeffreyMann1, Aug 11, 2021

2. Windows Hello on Surface Pro 4

Hi,

It really is surprising that you're getting this kind of error message.

Having said that, please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about your concern:

• Is your Windows 10 updated?
    • Are your drivers up-to-date? If not, you can follow the steps found on this
      link
      on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.
    • What were the changes made before the issue started?

In the meantime, you can check this link
    for steps in troubleshooting issues with Windows Hello on Surface.

Let us know what happens after following the steps from the link.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Aug 11, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface? :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface?

Windows Hello not working

Hi Jatine,

Windows Hello makes the sign-in process easier and should be available on your Surface 4. However, when windows can’t detect the required sensors for Windows Hello, It may hide this feature from you. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you
    run the hardware troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix hardware issues.

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

You may also refer to the following link for additional troubleshooting steps that you can perform:

Microsoft Surface troubleshooting and support

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface?

1. Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface? - Similar Threads - Does Hello Surface

2. window hello does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window hello does not work: Since upgrading to windows 11 from windows 10 my fingerprint reader does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-hello-does-not-work/ab060f27-e05b-46d4-9c8a-2c7c4d9c10d9
  3. window hello does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window hello does not work: Since upgrading to windows 11 from windows 10 my fingerprint reader does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-hello-does-not-work/ab060f27-e05b-46d4-9c8a-2c7c4d9c10d9
  4. Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working: Hello all I have a surface book 2 and all of a sudden the windows Hello camera has stopped logging me on. The acutal camera is working but Hello is not. I have tried to remove fascial data but when I try to set it back up, camera and my face comes on the screen but all...
  5. Windows hello not working on surface pro 4

Windows hello not working on surface pro 4: Hi everyone i upgraded windows 10 in mysurface pro 4 before upgradin windows hello was working correctly after that it stoped working saying We couldnt find a camera for windows hello i have updated the driver and everything but nothing happend...
  6. Surface Pro 6 :: Windows Hello Not Working

Surface Pro 6 :: Windows Hello Not Working: Hello everyone, First off, I'd like to say I've tried all of the following: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/window-hello-doesnt-work-says-sorry-something-went/c080309c-2b4f-4fb3-8099-76861815c33e...
  7. Windows Hello does not work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello does not work: In my system windows Hallo feature doesn't work. It stared working for specific 2 days when I updated windows just few days back. But again it does not work. 144039
  8. Surface Pro 6, Windows Hello is not working

Surface Pro 6, Windows Hello is not working: Hello, I need help with my surface pro 6, windows hello is not working, and I do not know what step to take. I received message "Sorry something went wrong. Please log in with your PIN.". Please help. Thank you in advance....
  9. Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2)

Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2): My windows hello was working perfectly until a few days ago. On the lock screen, the window hello icon(wi-fi thing) appeared and said getting ready and was stuck on it. Therefore, I had to use my pin to log in. Anybody know how to fix this ty....
  10. Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop: Windows Hello was working fine on my device, a 2018 Microsoft Surface Laptop with Windows 10. However, 1 day it just stopped working. I have tried the following steps based on several articles: - Completed all Windows updates - Set a new PIN - Updated all drivers for...