Windows 10: Does windows hello pin only work from a lock screen and not start up?

Discus and support Does windows hello pin only work from a lock screen and not start up? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I set up a pin to use instead of passwords and the windows hello pin only works if i lock the screen and not from start up. I want to it work from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QuietMrFx977, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Does windows hello pin only work from a lock screen and not start up?

I set up a pin to use instead of passwords and the windows hello pin only works if i lock the screen and not from start up. I want to it work from start up when i turn the computer on. Any ideas on how i can do that?

submitted by /u/QuietMrFx977
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QuietMrFx977, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 9, 2020
  3. AnuragP Win User
    Nothing working on lock screen of Windows 10

it's stuck on the Lock screen which has the clock in lower L corner and 'Enter' will not get you to Log-in screen where you enter password or PIN... Ya this is right! But suggestions you give is not working!

AnuragP, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Does windows hello pin only work from a lock screen and not start up?

can not enter lock screen PIN

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are unable to enter PIN on lock screen.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• Are you able to enter password to login?

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Step1: Boot your system in safe mode.

Refer:

Start your PC in safe mode in
    Windows 10

If you are able to boot into safe mode update display drivers.

Step 2:
    Update display drivers.

a. Press Windows + X, Click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand Display
    Adapters

c. Check if the name of the graphic card is the list.

d. Right click on the Display Adapter’s name and click
    Update.

e. You may reinstall the drivers from Computer Manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Does windows hello pin only work from a lock screen and not start up?

1. Does windows hello pin only work from a lock screen and not start up? - Similar Threads - Does hello pin

2. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?: By any possibility, if my Microsoft account goes compromised, is there any possibility of finding the windows hello screen lock pin by the exploiter on my Microsoft account?...
  3. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?: By any possibility, if my Microsoft account goes compromised, is there any possibility of finding the windows hello screen lock pin by the exploiter on my Microsoft account?...
  4. Does Microsoft account saves device windows hello screen lock pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Hello pin does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello pin does not work: Hello,Windows Hello keeps prompting me to set-up a PIN number and it keeps giving me the below error.Please give me a solution to set-up the PIN, tell me how to stop getting the annoying prompt every time I log in,or how to delete Windows Hello from my PC. I have already...
  6. Windows Hello pin does not work

Windows Hello pin does not work: Hello,Windows Hello keeps prompting me to set-up a PIN number and it keeps giving me the below error.Please give me a solution to set-up the PIN, tell me how to stop getting the annoying prompt every time I log in,or how to delete Windows Hello from my PC. I have already...
  7. Pin to Start does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin to Start does not work: Hello Experts:I upgrade my Win10 to Win11 today but I have two major problems1.The "pin to start" function does not work for my Win11, what could be the problem and how to fix it?2.Each time I use the embeded snipping tool to take a snapshot, the window system freezes deadI...
  8. Pin to Start does not work

Pin to Start does not work: Hello Experts:I upgrade my Win10 to Win11 today but I have two major problems1.The "pin to start" function does not work for my Win11, what could be the problem and how to fix it?2.Each time I use the embeded snipping tool to take a snapshot, the window system freezes deadI...
  9. Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Does Windows Hello only work on the Surface?: I would like to use my Logitech webcam on my gaming desktop to setup Windows Hello, but it keeps saying no compatible camera detected. Does Windows Hello only work if you have a Surface?...
  10. airplane mode locked on start up screen pin# not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    airplane mode locked on start up screen pin# not working: i updated to the most recent form of windows and then did a command prompt which restarted the system in safe mode and now not only can i not turn off airplane mode but the computer will not accept either my pin# or my MSA password as a result I’m unable to access my...